2.4

2012 Nissan Versa brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Versa:

2012 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Jul 242014

Versa

I purchased a 2012 Nissan Versa from henderson Nissan on 7/6/14. Here is everything I've been through: 7/24/14- entire transmission replaced after my car lost complete power in the middle of an intersection on the las vegas strip. (had 58,658 miles) 5/28/15- ip cover recall. 11/16/15- transmission replaced again! along with a factory recall. (had 73,918 miles) 7/22/16- ECM software was updated. (had 83,354 miles) 7/26/16- locking system now out. (had 83,400 miles) the car had 39K miles when I purchased it. It now has 86K miles and the transmission is going out again! as soon as my warranty ends, I'm screwed! each time the transmission has gone out, I've lost power on the car. It just dies no matter how slow you are going. The first time I was in motion. The second time I was stationary thankfully! I reported this to Nissan's affairs dept. And got no where!

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jan 152016

Versa

I pulled up to a pump at a gas station, got out and went in the store to get a drink. Came back out and my car had locked up. The steering and brakes were both locked. Thank god I wasn't in motion when this happened. The car would not accelerate. I cut the car off and let it sit there before trying to start it again. It cranks but never turns over. There is a battery light, brake light, ps light and oil light on the dash. I researched it and everything indicated a bad alternator. I bought a Nissan alternator and put it on. Still never turned over. The fuel pump runs and I put some starting fluid into the throttle body and it started but died after a five seconds. Every Nissan dealership tells me they don't know what the problem is. Its my only car, I'm flat broke and I am walking 2 hours to work every day so I don't lose my job. I need to know what's wrong.

- Selma, NC, USA

Jul 152015

Versa

The engine light is on. There is hesitation between 20-30 mph. I had a diagnostic test performed and was told: System: Transmission, part number: 31036-3aa6B, dtc: P0740, detailed info: Torque converter

- North Brunswick, NJ, USA