2.3

2012 Nissan Versa brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Versa:

2012 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Jan 152016

Versa

I pulled up to a pump at a gas station, got out and went in the store to get a drink. Came back out and my car had locked up. The steering and brakes were both locked. Thank god I wasn't in motion when this happened. The car would not accelerate. I cut the car off and let it sit there before trying to start it again. It cranks but never turns over. There is a battery light, brake light, ps light and oil light on the dash. I researched it and everything indicated a bad alternator. I bought a Nissan alternator and put it on. Still never turned over. The fuel pump runs and I put some starting fluid into the throttle body and it started but died after a five seconds. Every Nissan dealership tells me they don't know what the problem is. Its my only car, I'm flat broke and I am walking 2 hours to work every day so I don't lose my job. I need to know what's wrong.

- Selma, NC, USA

Jul 152015

Versa

The engine light is on. There is hesitation between 20-30 mph. I had a diagnostic test performed and was told: System: Transmission, part number: 31036-3aa6B, dtc: P0740, detailed info: Torque converter

- North Brunswick, NJ, USA