2012 Nissan Versa brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Versa:

2012 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Oct 152012

Versa 4-cyl

On Oct. 15, 2012, I was exiting the highway and while applying the brakes, the pedal went to the floor, making a clicking noise, with very little force, the car barley stopped, only when assisted by the use of the parking brake. It was taken to the dealer that day and I was told they could not replicate the problem and all mechanical components were in good shape, and could not find the problem. The same circumstances have been repeated on Feb. 13 2012, with 19841 miles and again on Oct. 28 2013, with approximately 29000 miles. The dealer currently (Nov. 1 2013) has the car and again says they cannot locate or replicate the problem. I have contacted Nissan corporate, and was told to receive a second opinion. Another dealership service manager was contacted and stated there was a known problem with the ABS control module from another model, however the dealership will not replace it because(quoting from a service adviser) "Nissan isn't in the habit of throwing parts at a car and hoping for a resolution". the dealer has stated that without replicating the problem there is nothing they can do.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 182013

Versa 4-cyl

I put my car into reverse and was unable to depress the brake pedal and had to put the car in park to get it to stop while nearly hitting another vehicle. The low lights also have to available settings but one doesn't work so it stays the same no matter which one you put it on. Also why would I have an oil leak at 35,000 miles. My whole transmission apparently needed to be changed due to a broken or missing cap.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Aug 252011

Versa

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that the vehicle RPM idles high but the vehicle hesitated when the accelerator pedal was engaged. The contact mentioned that the brakes made a grinding noise when the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times who was unable to diagnose the cause of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 1 and the current mileage was 14,000.

- Denver , CO, USA

Jun 122012

Versa 4-cyl

I was given this car as a rental. I am an extremely safe driver with a perfect driving record. Within 7-8 minutes of driving this vehicle there was a crash! I drove in on the same busy street that the rental car was located and from the stop light the car switched into gear automatically and the brakes would not work. This cause caused me to hit a car from behind and since the brakes weren't working I hydroplaned into the back of another vehicle. Only one airbag was deployed, the one in the horn..not all six. I suffered a severe concussion and had to be hospitalized overnight. Luckily, the people in the other vehicles were fine. I am now under the care of a neurologist who is doing tests to help determine why I get frequent migraines and my short term memory is very limited as well as my balance. The Nissan Versa 2012 is not a safe car!

- Royal Oak, MI, USA