2012 Nissan Versa engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Versa:

2012 Nissan Versa Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 042013

Versa 4-cyl

I had my car towed to Nissan of chantilly after the engine died the day before after it stopped running in the middle of broadlands blvd, but I managed to get it started just enough get it to a parking lot. They have contacted me only once during the entire time that they have had the car. I contacted them on the 15th of November to be told that the engine had to be replaced, but they have not installed it though they have been authorized by Nissan, because they are having engineers coming to asses the engine to find out why it stopped working, this appears to be a deliberate attempt to keep from repairing and accepting ownership that the engine was defective and keeping me out of the loop. I have contacted Nissan corporate headquarters' and filed a complaint requesting to have a new car as the devaluation of the car and not knowing what has occurred over the last month and a half between the dealership and Nissan. I'm not even sure if the engine will actually be new or refurbished which may impact the longevity of the car and could be very well be a safety hazard if these engines are defective and may be a part of hidden defect issue between the dealership(s) and Nissan.

- Broadlands, VA, USA

Mar 012013

When driving down the highway, my Versa went into neutral but the shift still said D for drive, had no acceleration took to dealer and they passed it off as nothing because nothing read on the computer system and they basically said in a round about way I'm a woman are you sure you didn't bump it into neutral? then a month later had it back as it did the same thing but this time I was going 25 mph. Hooked it up to the computer again and there was nothing reading and reset the computer system. Happened again but was in our parking lot and just blew it off as the dealer would just tell me nothing was wrong. Just yesterday (6/29) as I was turning into the park I work at it slipped back into neutral, then all the electrical went out, no power steering, but the engine was still going, electrical came back on and then the car died as I was going about 20 mph and it quit all together on me shut down. Had to push it to a parking stall and call a tow to the dealer, once at the dealer they hooked it up to the computer and 3 errors for fuel system and 1 error for transmission came up. I'm just thankful that it didn't cause an accident when this has happened. I have it documented that it has been at the dealer now 3 times for this same issue.

- Oak Creek, WI, USA

Jan 082013

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled causing the power steering and brakes to deactivate. The vehicle crashed into a pole. Upon impact, the air bags did not deploy. The contact sustained neck and chest injuries. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to the dealer prior to the crash to diagnose the stalling but the failure could not be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 8,000.

- Woodstock, GA, USA