2012 Nissan Versa suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Versa:

2012 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Letter from senator markey on behalf of constituent re 2012 Nissan Versa front coil springs recall. The consumer stated the front coil springs had rotted out. Also, the torque seal on the transmission needed to be replaced.

- Webster, MA, USA

Nov 012015

I was driving around a curve on a city street when my driver side front coil spring snapped impacting the tire causing my vehicle to swerve over a median sustaining major damages to the undercarriage and body of the vehicle. Recall # 15V573000

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jan 152016

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Versa. While backing out of a parking space, the driver side suspension spring failed, caused a popping noise, and the vehicle vibrated when making a right turn. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the suspension spring would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 85,000.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Nov 302015

Salesman/dealer did not disclose vehicle maintenance report when requested. Was told that the vehicle was not involved in any accidents. 1) vehicle rolls back after it is put in park. May have been associated with previous recall. 2) when putting car in gear, can feel tugging in the floor board of driver side. Called and was told that there were 4 recalls on the vehicle in which 2 had already been performed. Called Nissan dealer and scheduled an appointment for service for 12/31 to rectify those issues.

- Apalachicola, FL, USA

Nov 302015

Car squeakes when going over speed bumps or uneven road. Have already had transmission replaced and check engine light came on 4 different times for the mass air flow. My car has only 57,340 miles on it. When their was recall for the transmission, my car VIN was not included in the recall but, ended up having to be replaced."?????"

- Oakland, CA, USA

May 012015

My car has a little over 56,000 miles on it and since having this car I have had several issues with this car. I have taken it to the dealer for repair of the mass air flow and related components on 3 separate occasions. I have had 1 cvt transmission replacement and knows seems like something is going on with the suspension. After doing research, I have found several complaints and a service bulletin for this same issues which is sasid to be the spring coils. This is ridiculous to have this many issues with a car that is only 3 years old and less than 60,000 miles on it. Nissan needs to offer every customers that owns this car a replacement car.seriously!!! not to mention all the other recalls that never get associated with your VIN but, still has the issues.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Jul 312015

Since the car made noise when I turned right or left, I went to individual repair shop to check and they found out the left suspension spring was totally broken into two parts. There is no injury or accident due to the break but it was very gangerous condition if I kept driving.

- Novi, MI, USA

Jul 182015

I was driving at the speed of 40 mph. Suddenly, there was a big sound like 'bang' from underneath the car. I pulled the car over and when I turned the steering wheel, I can hear noise. Later that day, I found front driver side coil spring was broken.

- Troy, MI, USA

May 252015

While pulling into a parking space with my steering wheel turned sharply to the left I heard a loud metal thump in the right front wheel well. The next day at the service shop I was told that I had a broken right front spring that had compromised my strut. The whole repair ended up costing me $749. It is important to note that drive a 2012 Versa with only 56,753 miles on it! there is no way that this spring should have broken! I didn't hit any bumps or potholes, I was just pulling into a parking space. Had this happened at highway speed and popped a tire or severed a brake line a serious accident could have occurred. There is obviously a defect in the springs that are being used, Nissan needs to seriously look into this issue.

- Trumansburg, NY, USA

Apr 012014

Backing out of parking spot, turning left, the front coil springs (both driver and passenger side) broke. The Nissan dealer replaced both front coil springs. There is an NHTSA case open (recently open- case # PE 15-019) to investigate front coil springs breaking. The NHTSA case states Nissan Versa model years 2008 to 2010 are under investigation. My Nissan Versa is a 2012 model year/hatch back. The coil springs breaking are not limited to the 2008 to 2010 model years. I'm located in Canada, just wanted to share this info with the NHTSA. Nissan Canada took almost 10 weeks to replace the coil springs. They cited a parts manufacturing problem with their supplier in Japan.

- Markham, Ontario Canada L6e0m5, NY, USA

Apr 022013

The car is swaying from left to right. Especially on the highway. There seems to be alot of play in the steering wheel. And the handling appears to be very loose. This is very danger and could cause alot of accidents.

- Boston , MA, USA