2013 Nissan Versa electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Versa:

2013 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Jun 132015

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Versa. While idling, the vehicle felt as if it would stall and the check engine warning light illuminated. As a result, the vehicle went into safe mode and would not accelerate over 40 mph. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle needed to be reprogrammed. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred four times. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 83,000. The VIN was not available.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Apr 302013

Versa 4-cyl

I am writing to share with you a safety concern I have with my 2013 Nissan Versa. I am very happy with my vehicle except for one thing. The vehicle only have one point of entry, the driver side door. The model that I have is the basic model where keyless entry was not include, which is fine with me. But when I received the vehicle, I went to let my wife in and found that there wasn't a key hole on the passenger side. The only way to get into the vehicle was through the driver side with a key. I was content with that, seeing that I did purchase the basic model but then it occurred to me one day while driving in a parking lot to find a parking space. What if another car parked very close to me on the driver side, so close where I can't even open the door. How will I be able to get in? I can't get in on the passenger side because there isn't a key entry. I don't have keyless entry to unlock the doors. I can't go thru the trunk because the seats do not fold down. So other than going through the establishment to try to find the owner or having the police come with a solution of a tow truck or something, that would be the only way. Or even worse... there wouldn't be a way to let my kids into the vehicle quickly if there should be any danger coming our way. Or get someone hurt or unconscious out of the vehicle. That seems to me to be a big safety concern. I believe that this concern should be considered for future models as safety is something that many people take in consideration when purchasing a vehicle.

- Baldwinsville, NY, USA

Oct 312012

Versa 4-cyl

The turn signal clicking sound is not loud enough when the auto is being operated dealer's service people can't make the clicker louder or get a part to fix this problem manufacturer's people tell us that the part is as designed we contend that the clicker not being loud enough could cause us to have an accident.

- Paducah, KY, USA