2013 Nissan Versa engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Versa:

2013 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Sep 182016

Versa

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Versa. While driving various speeds, the cruise control activated independently. The vehicle was driven to the contact's residence and parked overnight. Upon attempting to start the vehicle, it failed to start. An independent mechanic and dealer diagnosed the vehicle and stated that the fuel pump failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 47,000. The consumer also stated the air bag light illuminated and the vehicle continued to smell of gas, after the fuel pump was replaced. Also, the RPM fluctuated between 1500 to 3500 and the tire pressure light illuminated. Updated 10/13/16.

- Piscataway, NJ, USA

Nov 142015

Versa

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Versa. While driving 2 mph, the vehicle accelerated rapidly and caused the contact to crash into a building. The contact sustained minor injuries to the neck causing stiffness. Medical attention was required. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jun 132015

Versa

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Versa. While idling, the vehicle felt as if it would stall and the check engine warning light illuminated. As a result, the vehicle went into safe mode and would not accelerate over 40 mph. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle needed to be reprogrammed. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred four times. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 83,000. The VIN was not available.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Feb 262015

Versa

This is an event similar to ODI resume (PE 14-018) opened on 06/24/2014 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Similar to complainant, voq 10597004, my foot was trapped by the trim panel. Panel is located next to the accelerator pedal and the lower corner is positioned such that it is near the right outer edge of the driver's shoe. Also similar to complainant 10573057, when attempting to remove my foot from the accelerator pedal to apply the brake, my shoe was caught by the trim panel which delayed braking ability several times. It is important to note that this vehicle was purchased from a rental facility, enterprise car sales in elmwood park, NJ. The photographs in ODI resume PE 14-018 illustrate the same safety issue I am having with my vehicle.... updated 03/19/15 updated 6/18/2015

- Englewood, NJ, USA

Nov 032014

Versa

Last night suddenly on the highway I-95 it lost a power. To be more exact, it seemed like transmission stuck on the high (4th) gear. On parking or neutral gear positions when I press gas pedal, engine reacts and increases rpms, makes noise, etc but when on the drive position, it barely moves, like if you try to start from 4th or 5th gear. This morning I brought it to the autonation pembroke pines Nissan dealership (pembroke pines, fl). After inspection they gave me the such a surprising conclusion: Problem with tail light caused mis-functioning of transmission. And the taillight was functioning well, not damaged. But they told, his electric resistance was wrong. After replacing the tail light transmission started working. It's really very hard to believe, that misfunctioning (wrong electrical resistance) of the tail light can affect the primary functionality of the vehicle, which could really cause an accident and injuries or even loos of life. It was very fortune for me that I discovered this issue when I was taking an exit ramp I found similar histories described here forums.nicoclub.com/2013-Nissan-Sentra-transmission-issues-power-loss-T584502.html and here https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131125173224aab6P8P.

- Sunny Isles Beach, FL, USA

Feb 262014

Versa

I have size 13 feet, but depending upon the angle of my foot, it occasionally gets trapped when I try to move from the gas to the brake, slowing down my reaction time and braking time. This has occurred regularly since I purchased the car in February 2014.... updated 03/19/15

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 012014

Versa

I was driving and the floor mat got stuck on the gas pedal and was pressing it down when I was trying to slow down. I must mention these were not oem mats, but similar to.

- Henderson , NV, USA

May 202014

Versa

While try to slow down and take my foot off of the accelerator to apply the brake my show gets caught on the trim piece next to the accelerator pedal. I was coming to a stop light and was making a right turn when this happened. It scared me and my wife and I almost hit a stopped car at the light.

- Eden, NC, USA

Jun 092014

Versa

I was stopped at a red light in the left turn lane and was changing radio stations. I looked up and noticed the car in front of me was already going through the intersection, so I put my foot on the gas pedal and accelerated quickly. As I approached the intersection (stop line) I attempted to remove my foot from the gas pedal, but could not, because my foot was stuck. I used my right hand to grab my leg, and pulled harder, immediately braking hard, then backing my foot of the brake as I squealed and skidded around the corner, almost going over the curb and crashing. After parking the car in a safe spot, I inspected the gas pedal area to determine what happened. The plastic piece that covers the center console extends around to just next to the gas pedal. It attached with a plastic press fit lock several inches from the edge, leaving the edge unsecured. The corner of that plastic panel wedged between the sole and leather upper of my work boots, preventing me from taking my foot off the gas pedal.... updated 03/19/15 updated 6/18/2015

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Apr 062014

Versa

I was riding kwith cruise control for about 10 minutes when I put foot on brake gently to slow down vehicle the vehicle went left right all over the highway several times and would not slow down I pressed the cruise control button and vehicle slowed had vehicles been on the road it would have been a major crasjh.

- Lindenhurst, NY, USA

Feb 242013

Versa 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that while driving approximately 70 mph, his foot became stuck between the accelerator pedal and the vent unit, which was located under the console. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection. The technician advised having the factory floor mat replaced with an after market floor mat. The contact stated that the failure was not related to the floor mat. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised the contact that the vehicle was operating as designed. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 110.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA