2013 Nissan Versa seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Versa:

2013 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Jun 172016

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Versa. While attempting to make a left turn, an oncoming vehicle crashed into the passenger side of the contact's vehicle. The driver side air bag did not deploy, but the passenger side air bag deployed. The manufacturer was not notified. The vehicle was towed. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The approximate failure mileage was 186,000.

- Manhattan, KS, USA

Aug 082015

I was driving in a left turning lane slowing down when all of a sudden I heard a voice asking if I were ok? I came to and noticed the air bags were deployed and my Versa 's hood was smashed, along with the front sides. The car in front of me had a small dent on the rear bumper. Apparently I hit the vehicle in front of me. I am still in shock. I wear a size 14 shoe. I believe my foot came off the brake and hit the accelerator. My insurance company totaled my vehicle.

- Friendswood, TX, USA

May 192015

I was driving South and a car it me in the driver side door. Turned me around 360degrees the hold front in of the car was gone. I had broken bones in my right leg, and foot was in the hospital for 5 days then sent to a rehab for 8 weeks then was given 2 months of therapy to be able to walk. I lost my job because of being off work for long. Still in my 2 months of therapy. Airbags exploded and torn all to pcs... updated 09/30/15

- Bolingbrook, IL, USA

Jul 282013

Versa 4-cyl

This is my third email to you. I am not getting anywere.we drove to saratoga Saturday and stormville on Sunday and my airbag light was on 3/4 of the way back and forth, this is a safety problem that needs fixing.asap

Jul 272013

Versa 4-cyl

110 pound women sits in passenger seat and airbag light goes on and off randomly-took to dealer many times and they tell me working as designed-BBB auto sides with Nissan-but told us they will give us a new seat that we are still waiting for-now, end of March there is a recall on 990000 Nissan for that problem- Nissan Versa was not in the recall and we are not the only one with the Versa problem. We did everything possible so far, hopefully it will be resolved before anything drastic happens like with the recent Chevy recall and deaths. I have to sit in that seat while my husband drives and it is so scary when that light goes on.please can you help us.

Jul 072013

Versa 4-cyl

The contact owns 2013 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated for 5 minutes then turned off independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the vehicle was functioning properly and that there was not a defect. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 4,900. The consumer stated the failure occurred 50-70 mph, sometimes 2-3 times a day. Updated 11/4/213

Jul 072013

Versa 4-cyl

I was in the passenger seat for about 15 minutes and the passenger airbag light went on. Then went off minutes later. Has been doing this again and again. Could take hours before it happens or just minutes. Sometimes it goes on then 5 minutes goes off, other times will stay on for the whole trip. I weigh 115 pounds.

Apr 262013

Versa 4-cyl

Whenever my wife who is about 100 pounds sits in the front passenger seat of our 2013 Nissan Versa ls, the airbag light goes on and the airbag safety feature is turned off. We are driving a rental from the dealer now, a 2013 Nissan rouge and it works just fine. The dealer states that our Versa works as intended"??" even with my wife and my 4 year old in the front passenger seat, now total of 132 pounds the airbag light still turns on and disengages the airbag safety feature.

- Temecula, CA, USA

Feb 082013

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Versa. The contact stated while driving 50 mph she was unable to remember what caused her to crash into a telephone pole. The air bag did not deploy. The contact sustained brain damage, and a fractured vertebrae. The vehicle was destroyed. The failure and current mileage was 5,000.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Feb 122013

Versa 4-cyl

Warning light came on and when I pulled into a Nissan dealership they told me that the warning light indicated that the airbag system was off line. Today is 2/19 and they are still having difficulty getting the part that is located under the passenger front seat. The service department indicated the number of failures of this part might result in a recall. My company has 15 of these new vehicles that we use for our nurses in the field. My vehicle is the only one so far to have an issue. All same make and model and year.

- West Lebanon, NH, USA