2014 Nissan Versa body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Versa:

2014 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Nov 242015

Versa

Takata recall, estaba guiando pasando por un puente en la carretera rural, cuando de repente el cristal delantero SE estillo del lado de el chofer de la esquina baja hasta 1'1/2 de el centro del mismo, el cual esta roto

- Humacao, PR, USA

Apr 032015

Versa

After being ready to back up I place the 2014 Versa in reverse. I touched the accelerator and started to back up and when I tried to move my foot from the accelerator to the brake pedal my foot was caught on something and I was actually added pressure on the accelerator. I backed up and I tried to swing the car away from the parked rental cars behind me. Was able to pull my foot of the accelerator and pushed the shifter into park. I hit three cars when I was backing up. We damaged our rear facia and the rear facias of the three cars I hit and it also damaged the rear passenger door of last car I hit. While examining the damage of form the accident a supervisor from the rental company said we shouldn't feel so bad since one of their drivers had done something similar but only damaged the car that he was moving. At first I didn't know what could have caused it and then I saw the recent ntsb issues for this. I also check all of my other cars. Those cars do not have a gap between the floor board and the side of the consel. I have not got to a local dealership to see if the condition exists on current models. The model year might not be correct I was just trying to remember is this was a 14 or 15. The VIN I got from the insurance company so it has to be what ever comes from there.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Apr 032015

Versa

Step daughter stated brake pedal went completely to the floor without engaging the brakes causing her to crash into the back of another vehicle.

- Forney, TX, USA

Dec 302013

Versa

Driving to ala. From ga. Had difficult time seeing out windows and windshield due to condensation building up inside on the drivers side, passenger side, and windshield. It was raining & diff in temp., had to stop several times and wipe off with cloth towels. Went to dealership to get radio replaced and showed them the trunk was wet (carpet showed rings) and the right drivers door had big gap between the front of the car and door frame area - it is separating from the frame on both sides. The front doors on both sides are below the back doors and the gaps are increasing whenever I drive the car. Inside the windshield seal plastic has started to peel off twice. The wiper blades has been replaced three times because they just start to tear in small areas. All of this has been brought and seen by the service dept. Even when the moisture collects inside during a rain shower (defroster won't prevent this). They have refused to fix the leak in the trunk or the doors. I am scared that one of the doors will fall off. The gap has increased in 6 weeks you can stand 2 ft. Away and see the screws. I can hardly lock the car (manually). No Nissan dealership will fix it within 120 miles. I do not know why. The manufacturer knows this and it is under warranty. Also, there is a awful smell when I start it within the system, but they said it was me not the car.

- Orange Beach, AL, USA

Feb 272014

Versa

Stopped at parking lot booth which was placed within one foot of sidewalk, preventing straightening of front wheels, which were turned to the left following a left turn into the lot. After payment through passenger window, I placed a foot on the accelerator resulting in sudden unexpectedly rapid acceleration and a lurch of the car to the left with almost immediate impact with a concrete cylindric post placed opposite the risen entrance gate within 2 feet of the front of the previously stationary car. The force was such to bend the rim of the front L wheel, striking of my head against the windshield, and the fracture of 2 metatarsals likely from impact with the brake.

- West Newton, MA, USA

Apr 082014

Versa 4-cyl

I was leaving work on private property and a 19-year-old hit the side of my car on passenger side with her manual truck. Nothing deployed, she slammed me very hard and the car should be totaled, it is over half what the car is worth at this time. Body shop repairs are 5,658 plus another $500 for deductible, plus $282.92. The car is not worth that much and should have been totaled. Now, I have problems with it on a constant basis.

- Lakeland, FL, USA