2014 Nissan Versa engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Versa:

2014 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Aug 172014

This car was purchased new from the car dealer in the spring. When turning on the ac particles came out of the air vents and into my eyes. I wear contact lenses and it temporarily blinded me. Luckily, I was able to pull over without incident and get the particles out of my eyes. The particles looked like grass seeds. Since then, I always turn on my blower before moving to clear the vents. I went to the dealer and was told that the car does not come equipped with a cabin air filter, even though there is a place for one to be installed. I checked with Nissan of America and they confirmed what the dealer said. I told they cheaped out the car and this is a safety issue. The dealer installed a cabin air filter at the cost of ~ $60. My concern is that if I had been traveling at highway speeds this incident could have ended very badly and possibly resulting in a fatality. I feel that this is a safety issue and that Nissan should be required to equip their cars with cabin air filters. Cars build prior to cabin air filters didn't seen to have this problem due to the way they took air into the car.

- Somerville , NJ, USA

Nov 112013

Went out to start car push in clutch and car rolled out into street had brake on but did not hold and after starting motor the brakes worked ok with engine running.. everytime I start the car if you are on a slope the car will roll and hit something. I checked threw out the day and found that when car is not running you have no brakes. You do not have any power brakes when engine stops they become hard immediately lose power assist not like other cars where you have 2 or 3 applications before brake loss. If put in a emergency and engine stopped running your brakes would not work and you will hit something causing an accident. I took it to Nissan they said they have no solution and good bye. I called Nissan headquarter and they said their tech's said it is ok and normal.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA