2014 Nissan Versa seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Versa:

2014 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Jan 312016

Me and my spouse were rear ended last night at a red light. Neither of the airbags functioned and her seatbelt didn't hold her to her seat, causing her to impact the dashboard with her face. Her nose is broken and she also has hematomas on her eyes and forehead.

- Studio City, CA, USA

Aug 032015

I had to stop real quick to avoid hitting a stray dog running across the street. I fell forward the sterring wheel. My seat belt was loose. The seat belt cover on the driver's side had to be replaced because it popped off and would cut my arms or hands whenever I had to reach in back to lock or unlock back door. That was finally completed approx. 2 weeks ago. By a Nissan dealer. However, it stated on the work order. They did it the best way- they could. Last night, 8/4/2015, I used the seat belt and it was loose when I put it on and never got any tighter, even if I tried to move around the front seat. With or without brakes it never tightens up if I make a sudden stop.. I have other problems with this car, but this is dangerous to me. I contacted the dealer and they refused to work on it-orders from above. My brakes act crazy since they did that recall system and now this(plus my other problems). Seat belts are a must in my car. How can I tell my passengers to wear theirs when mine just hang on me. This is big safety issue.

- Orange Beach, AL, USA