2015 Nissan Versa brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Versa:

2015 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Nov 012016

Versa

Our car was traveling in a very slow speed on an on-ramp of interchange from freeway 110 North bound to 105 West bound in los angeles county. The traffic flow was in a very slow moving fashion. Since it was an uphill on ramp, I had to step on the gas pedal slightly to keep the car moving at a slow but steady speed. As the traffic got slower, I gently stepped on the brake to slow down the car. While I was holding down the brake pedal, suddenly I heard a "clunk" noise and felt a vibration. At this point, the car started moving on its own without a sign of slowing down. I immediately tried to step on brake with full force but felt the brake having no pressure at all. As the car continued to move forward with uncontrolled speed, the only thing I could do at that moment was to veer the car towards the right edge to avoid direct impact with the front car. By reading the owner's manual, I believed the anti-lock braking system function was being erroneously activated at the time of the incident since the dry and non-slippery road condition did not warrant such activation. And what made things even worse was, for whatever the reason, the car was moving on its own in an uncontrolled speed while the break pedal was completely losing the pressure due to the ABS activation. This vehicle was being recalled and serviced for sudden acceleration safety concern due to the lower panel trim design in August. The liability insurance claim was filed for the accident. The mileage was 8740 at the time of accident. Photos of the accident scene are attached and along with other documents.

- Foothill Ranch, CA, USA

May 142016

Versa

When I first purchased the car, I noticed the brake pedal was very spongy and soft and the car hesitated to stop when brake engaged. But as I keep driving it, it prompt me into danger as I have hard time stopping the car and end up in the middle of crosswalk. For Versa brake, I feel like it is designed to brake at least 30ft ahead, it totally does not work for emergency. I never let my mom drive that car because her eyes could not see that far! also, when the ac is on, the brake gets even worse! it is way softer and spongier and way less pressure, so I always have to turn off the ac for the sake of my life! please help us investigate the braking system! it is very dangerous for all future drivers with Versa!

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 222016

Versa

The brake doesn't make the car stop within 15ft at 35 mph!. I have to keep the same distance with the car in front in local street as in freeway to feel safe. The brake pedal is also very soft and spongy, I apply all the way and the car still keeps sliding. I often end up in the middle of the crosswalk. Yesterday, I was stuck in freeway traffic and almost hit the car in front twice because the brake just slowed down the car for a little bit even when I engaged half way, and it felt like the car still jerked against the braking force! it is not ok and totally unsafe! I really look forward to a brake recall!

- Oceanside, CA, USA

May 112016

Versa

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Versa. While driving approximately 80 mph, the driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a tree. The vehicle caught fire. The driver was fatally injured. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a salvage center. The cause of the failure was undetermined. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V507000 (service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The failure mileage was unknown.

- Aurora, OH, USA

Nov 182015

Versa

Every time I get gas my car cuts off. I pumped the gas start the car and drive a couple feet and car cuts off. Nissan doesn't think its important and that sense they can't see the probe it isn't true. I don't want my car to stop in the middle of traffic due to whatever is going on. Brakes get stuck or goes to the floor when trying to stop and gas drains very quickly.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Aug 222015

Versa

When slowing to stop for a red light, the brakes lost pressure and went to the floor. The vehicle struck the car in front of it, causing that car to hit the car in front of it. The speed is estimated at 30 mph, the road being traveled had a speed limit of 55 mph and the driver was stopping for a red light. This was not the first time, but I don't have dates and details for previous accounts. There were at least 3 complaints in person at the dealer, including one on the day of the accident. All complaints were dismissed without the car being inspected. We were told the car just had their certified preowned inspection and/or we needed to get used to driving a new car. This vehicle was purchased on July 4, 2015 with 1700 miles on it.

- Las Vegas , NV, USA

Jun 012015

Versa

Brakes going to floor when starting car. Brakes going gradually declining to floor when completely stopped and steady pressure applied to brakes.

- Ridgewood, NY, USA

May 182015

Versa

While going downhill at 30-35 mph we started to come upon a red light. The car began to slow down but not by much as it kept going at a steady rate. Finally after pressing hard on the brakes almost to the floor the car began to stop. It eventually came to a complete stop in the middle of the crosswalk.

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Sep 222014

Versa

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that while driving at 5 mph and attempting to engage the brakes, the brake pedal traveled to the floorboard. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 600.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA