5.9

2015 Nissan Versa steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Versa:

2015 Nissan Versa Owner Comments

Oct 122016

Versa

When driving the car at speeds 40mph and above, the car does not stay in the lane. This car is continuously pulling to the left out of the lane towards cars in the middle lane, with no control to correct, then pushed to the right out of lane, back and forth my whole ride with no subsiding. The issue at times escalates by getting out of control while driving straight on any road, going back and forth left to right very fast and short by itself with the steering wheel centered. For this issue I'm needing to wait for the correction and slow down the car. The front tires are continuously getting thrown out of alignment as soon as I drive it following servicing. I have had 4 service appointments for alignments and balancing within a 2 week time frame, replaced tires, and brought to Nissan directly for a diagnosis with no change to this safety issue. I do not believe the alignment is the root cause of this safety problem. In addition, when a car or any vehicle drives by my car on any road, more severe on the highway, my car is pushed across my lane and there is no windy conditions. This does occur on the highway and local streets. It is also apparently visible to other drivers as I see cars from behind me move to the middle lane, speed up and pass me in the far left of their lane, then cut me off. I do not believe again that this is a wheel issue, and I do not know what is the root cause of this is however what I do know is that it is not safe for myself or others on the road. I have an opened complaint with Nissan Consumer Affairs and so far their response has been, go back to Nissan for another alignment, to which I have had several already with no change to the root problem.

- Wellington, FL, USA

May 292015

Versa

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Versa. While driving at low speeds, the contact depressed the brake pedal and the vehicle momentarily accelerated independently. The failure occurred on two separate occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. In addition, the contact heard a loud grinding noise when turning the steering wheel left or right. The abnormal noise was more pronounced when making right turns. The vehicle also experienced delayed acceleration and deceleration. Both the dealer and manufacturer were not made aware of the failures. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 65.

- Queens Village , NY, USA

May 302015

Versa

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Versa. While driving at 45 mph, the steering wheel failed to remain steady and veered to the right and left. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where they adjusted the suspension and rotated the tires; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,053.

- Baldwin Park, CA, USA