Power Windows Drop And Stop Working

2001 Pontiac Bonneville (Page 2 of 2) Seal Of This Might Hurt

2. replace whole unit and motor (10 reports)
  3. get rid of my Pontiac (4 reports)
  4. had the unit repaired - plastic gear had given out (3 reports)
2001 Pontiac Bonneville windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Bonneville:

2001 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 092007

Bonneville SLE 3.2L V6

Separate incidents: One by one my two back window and passenger front window would not go up all the way. Called a local window repair man who came to the house and for $200 to $300 took the assembly apart and replaced a plastic gear that had worn out.

- , Niceville, FL, USA

Jun 192007

Bonneville SE V6

Never a problem with the windows not working until 3 weeks ago. Heard a clang when rolling the right window up. Stopped rolling even though the window motor could be heard. Can push window up manually by hand pressure. Today the same thing happened on the left rear side. Pontiac knows they have a problem but they do not care. The last Pontiac I will own.

- , La Mirada, CA, USA

Mar 192007

Bonneville 3.8

Have two windows that broke. also have a friend that has the exact problems with her Bonneville.

- , Waco, TX, USA

Feb 102007

Bonneville SE V6

Both the back driver and passenger power windows stopped working. The back driver side doesn't go up or down period, the back passenger window dropped and does not go up or down. The back passenger window I pulled up, took metal strips and jammed between the window and the trim. Not paying a ridiculous amount of money because of faulty workmanship. This reminds me why I haven't owned an American made car in the last 12 yrs and wont be owning another again, their all pieces of crap.

- , Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Nov 192006

Both back windows got stuck down!!! They are naturally the kids windows so when I fix them, they try to play with them and I have to fix them again! This is really an issue because someone could get into the car fairly easily. Not to mention the weather beating on our faces. I refuse to have this fixed for nearly a GRAND!!! GM engineered the actuator as part of the motor so the whole assembly has to be replaced. GM, I hope you're reading this because I'm telling everyone I know about what happened to me and what kind of TOYOTA I'm looking to buy now!!!

- , Madison, WI, USA

Dec 132006

Bonneville V6

My back passenger-side window quit working last year in the winter and we decided that we wouldn't need it until the next summer, so we put off fixing it. At that time we just had difficulty getting it to close, but we were able eventually to get it to close. Then summer came and we didn't really use it so we still didn't get it fixed. Last weekend I babysitted for a friend and one of the kids used the window and it wouldn't go back up and so we took it to a collision shop here in town and they put a wedge in it until we could have it fixed. The collision shop have been very nice as they called around to some salvage yards to see if they could find a used motor and the other part that needs replaced. We found a salvage yard who has both parts brand new for $150.00 and the collision shop are only going to charge us $55.00 in labor! We had contacted the Pontiac Dealership first and they wanted > $400.00 for it, so we got an early Christmas present!

- , Marion, IN, USA

Sep 212006

I LOVE my Bonneville... runs great, looks great except for the paint stirrers stuck in the pass rear to keep the damn window up. THEN one at a time they ALL went. are now all disconnected and have to use the sunroof for any air. I only owe $1000.00 on the car and think rather than fix them, I may trade for another.. love pontiacs (way back to my 67 goat) but unless Pontiac takes notice? I'll buy foreign.

- , Fernandina Beach, FL, USA

Jun 162006

Both of the rear windows are now like this. Does anyone know how to fix it?

- , Yorktown, IN, USA

Jun 122006

Bonneville LE

My front passenger side window was working intermittently but no longer works at all now. My rear driver side window fell down in December. I went out to my car to leave and the back window was down and I couldn't get it back up. We had to duck tape it up. Unwilling to pay to fix a window that I never use, I asked the shop that I go to to prop it up so that it can't fall again. There is a service bulletin on this issue but no recall has ever been issued.

- , Avon, IN, USA