NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems

2007 Pontiac G6 (Page 3 of 7) Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 7)

May 292014

G6 6-cyl

Brake lights come on while driving and turn off when brake is pressed passenger headlight comes on sometimes severe leaking into passenger floor board when rains.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA

May 142013

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that the brake light would remain illuminated although the brakes were not engaged. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician was unable to repaired the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 134,000.

- Clayton, NC, USA

May 232014

G6 4-cyl

The brake lights are coming on while accelerating and going off when the brake pedal is engaged. This is extremely dangerous to my family but we are traveling and will have to take care of this at our destination. The cruise control is working intermittent and the shift interlock needs excessive pressure to unlock the shifter. I see this is being looked into for a recall this needs to be fixed before someone is hurt!

- Goldsboro, NC, USA

Mar 102014

G6 6-cyl

My 2007 Pontiac G6 is experiencing the same issues that are in the recently announced GM recall. However, upon calling GM, they insist that my VIN is not one of the units affected. Either I am by coincidence experiencing the same problem that is described in the recall (cruise control having issues engaging/disengaging; brake lights illuminating not illuminating at proper times), or GM is not acknowledging the full extent of the issue. Occam's razor says that the simplest solution is the most likely, and in this situation, the simplest solution is that the faulty part(s) were used in more vehicles than they currently recognize.

- Plano, TX, USA

Nov 012013

G6 6-cyl

Car has caught on fire twice due to power steering hose rubbing and leaking flammable fluids brake lights malfunction always....on when accelerating and off when you actually apply brakes air bag lights on and off on and off--malfunctioning all the time.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jan 012014

• 5,555,555 miles
1-cruise control comes back on after disengaging, loud clunk when turning, have fixed ball joints and front end stuff several times and it still clunks at low speeds ever since I've owned the vehicle. Have had issues with the brake system as well.

- Cadillac, MI, USA

Apr 152014

G6 6-cyl

The brake lights come on, and stay on, while driving and go off when the brake pedal is depressed. (exactly the opposite of the way it should) when parked, the brake lights will stay on unless the brake is fully depressed to the floor. (something that can not be done while driving) once it is released, they will continue to stay on, even when brake pedal is not depressed. This is very dangerous and after reviewing the multitude of complaints this appears to be a common issue with G6 cars.

- Council Hill, OK, USA

Apr 242014

The brake lights are illuminated when not braking, , and not illuminated when braking.. in addition the cruise control malfunctions.

- Austin, TX, USA

Sep 122012

G6 6-cyl

The brake lights on my Pontiac G6 2007 do not function correctly. When driving they stay on, when pressing on the brake they go out. My cruise control does not work either. I have changed the brake light sensor five times and it works for a day or so, and goes out again. I have read that other customers have this problem as well. It is very dangerous.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Apr 092014

As I attempted to turn left the steering was difficult to turn and the gas wasn't accelerating correctly and suddenly took off and crashed into a vehicle ahead of me.

- Forrest City , AR, USA

Apr 042014

G6 6-cyl

Brake lights sometimes do not work. Other times they are on w/O pressing the brake, then they go off when pressing the brake.

- Danville, CA, USA

Apr 042014

G6 4-cyl

While driving through a tunnel which comes up to a sharp bend a little after exiting at about 45 miles per hour I felt like I was not in control of my car as it felt as if it was locking up and moving in its own direction. So I hit the brakes (just got brakes done) to slow down a bit but it didn't seem to brake quick enough for me to feel safe. So before coming to the bend there is another exit to go into town that I took to drive at a slower speed. While taking that way home I had lights to stop at and as I accelerate it was hesitant at times to pick up. Lastly every time I start up the car there is a ticking noise that is consistent which I still don't know what it is from. The brakes may be an issue with who did my brakes but the power steering is an issue and when I waited until today to check the fluid I could not locate so I went online to find out where it was and come to find out I may have an electrical one and found numerous reports regarding power steering issues. My car does not feel safe to me and it is now my only transportation to work.

- Mckees Rocks, PA, USA

Jul 012013

Brake lights go on when pedal is not pressed, goes off when you step on the brake. Also, cruise control shuts off automatically while driving or will not engage at all.

- Bloomingdale, IL, USA

Oct 142013

2007 Pontiac G6 GT. When I am not pressing the brake pedal the lights remain on as if I were braking. When the brakes are depressed, the lights turn off. Condition has been continually occurring and I fear it may present itself one day resulting in an accident.

- Wilbraham, MA, USA

Mar 152013

G6 6-cyl

Brake lights were coming on with out hitting the brakes. I was driving down the highway and people were yelling at me that the brake lights were constantly on. I pulled it into the shop and they were on when they shouldn't be and went off when I hit the brakes. The cruise control will not engage. I have had the brake light switch replaced and it is still doing the same thing.

- Manitou Beach, MI, USA

Mar 212014

G6 6-cyl

While driving home from work on the interstate my brake lights came on without any application to the brakes and my cruise control dis-engaged. My brake lights remained on all the way home and my cruise control would not work. The next day they were working normal at first and then the same thing happened again.

- Georgetown, IN, USA

Jan 022014

G6 4-cyl

2007 Pontiac G6 I've had since 2009. Within the last year or two, the brake lights appear to be on while the brake is not being pressed. Once the brake pedal is pressed, lights go off then take a couple seconds and turn back on. Dangerous for drivers behind since they can't tell when I am actually braking or not. It basically just seems like I am riding the brakes constantly!

- Northfield, VT, USA

Sep 202013

G6 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated while driving approximately 30 mph the brake light illuminated on the instrument panel multiple times without warning. The vehicle was repaired twice and the failure continued to occur. The contact was advised by the dealer that the failure was unable to be diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70000.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Mar 222013

Every so often, either when I first start my G6 or after its been driving for awhile, the brake lights will come on even when the brake pedal is not being pressed. When this happens, it pulls me out of cruise control, because it thinks I'm braking, and cars behind me will honk and flash their lights. I read that this was a recall on 2005 and 2006 Pontiac G6S but I believe this problem went into the 2007 model year also. This happens several times a year at random, although if there's been rain or snow, it seems to happen more frequently.

- Export, PA, USA

Nov 232011

G6 6-cyl

I've had my car since November 2011. Shortly after purchasing the vehicle I noticed my brake lights were coming on when I would accelerate then shut off when I hit the brakes. I paid to get it fixed, and 6 months later the brake lights quit working period. In 2012, my cruise control quit working and hasn't worked since. I've taken my car to a shop two times in 2013 and they haven't been able to find a permanent fix. I'm 12 weeks pregnant and I don't feel like it is my duty to deal with these problems continuously. I'm not only putting my life in danger, but my unborn child. I have paid three different people to fix this problem and I can't afford temporary fixes. I was never told about any recalls, I had to find it out for myself. As a registered owner, I feel like that again is not my duty. I paid for a car that should be working properly! you should fix these problems or take these vehicles off the road permanently. Please do your job and help me, as I do everyday for my job.

- Marshall, IL, USA