NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic Problems

2007 Pontiac G6 (Page 3 of 3)

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jan 162008

G6

As a consumer I am writing you this letter to lodge a complaint for the car/lemon I have been leasing. The type of car I am leasing is a 2007 Pontiac G6 4 door sedan, #. since leasing this vehicle I have many concerns of not only my own safety but the safety of other people on the road. Here are the following issues since leasing this car: 1.replaced signal switch located on steering column on 1/16/08 2.replaced right visor for mirror on passenger side of car 1/16/08 3.replaced broken cable for right rear window regulator on 3/14/08 4.replaced steering column on 7/28/08 5.replaced front brakes with high end pads estimated date 8/08 6.replaced rear left bulb for brake lights estimated date 10/08 7.about a month after steering column was replaced the steering column again was making a clicking sound when turning right and left at a slow rate of speed. 8.instead of replacing the steering column they chose to lube intermediate steering shaft instead on 1/20/09 and I will have to keep coming in when the lube wears off!! really me having to come in every month or so!! that was their response to me!! 9.replaced radio because it didn"T come on when I turned on the car the display was blank. Would eventually turn on when it wanted to replaced on 1/20/09 also in researching the steering column problem some peoples steering wheels have locked up and they were almost involved in accidents and said in there complaint does somebody have to be killed before GM has a recall on these cars?" it has been a known issue since the first model year 2005 has come out. Per dominic torres my sales rep this has been a known issue but there have not been very many complaints lodged for any recall. Per dominic it is because the steering column is electrical instead of using fluid and the design was changed in the 2008 model year. GM has contacted me and said they are not willing to lease a new car to me to replace this one. It will be re-poed shortly.

- Troy, MI, USA

Aug 232008

G6

Front rotors poor heat disbursement warped and needed turning @ 20,000 km. Mechanic admits stock rotors are easily warped advised to buy after market rotors in the future.

- Abbotsford, 00, USA

May 012008

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact noticed a vibration in the steering wheel while driving between 55-70 mph. The dealer stated there was no warranty on the vehicle and the issue was considered normal wear and tear. The dealer also stated that a vented rotor was needed in order to keep it cooler. The contact replaced the rotors with a factory model. Two months later, the rotors began to pulsate again. The vibration could be felt through the steering wheel. The failure mileage was 29,000.

- Cedarville, WV, USA

Jun 092008

G6

I've had my 2007 Pontiac G6 in the shop several times for brake "issues". they changed pads, rotors and told me they couldn't stop the squeaking and that the strange "jumping" the brakes seemed to do was "normal" for ABS - which I know is not correct as I have owned many cars with ABS that didn't feel like this. Recently, the traction control light came on, the brakes failed, the emergency brake failed and we hit the back of another car. GM sent an engineer out to look at the event data recorder; however, would not provide me with a copy of the report (they said it was "proprietary"). they are refusing to fix my car and when I asked why the traction control light came on, their "professional" told me "I don't know - I wasn't there!". I've seen several complaints on edmunds.com about the rotors, over-heating problems and the need to have them replaced with non-GM parts to (hopefully) fix the problem. This is a major safety concern for me and I intend to dispose of the car as soon as possible.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Apr 252008

G6

Pontiac G6 developed violent vibration when braking at highway speeds. Brake repair shop reported that the rotors had warped due to excessive heat. Also stated this is a frequent problem they see happening every 14,000 to 19,000 miles on many G6's. further reviews of internet forums show many similar experiences. Brake rotors needed to be turned and will need replacement next time. Informed rotors should be a vented style to help with cooling.

- Brighton, MI, USA

Aug 142007

G6 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. While driving 25 mph, the contact heard a popping noise when she depressed the brake pedal. The dealer was unable to diagnose the cause of failure. Approximately two days after the inspection, the failure recurred. As of September 5, 2007, the dealer had not repaired the vehicle. The powertrain was unknown. The failure mileage was 3,300 and current mileage was 4,300.

- Little River, SC, USA

Apr 262007

G6 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The current and failure mileage were 11000. The contact stated while traveling 60 mph on dry road conditions when applying the brakes they did not connect and failed to stop the vehicle. The vehicle then ran into a side rail.

- Bridgeport, CT, USA