2009 Saturn Aura engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Saturn Aura:

2009 Saturn Aura Owner Comments

Aug 042016

Need double check my car

- Seattle, WA, USA

May 012016

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Aura. The contact stated that while operating the vehicle, the ESC service warning light illuminated and the cruise control had erroneously deactivated. In addition, while driving at various speeds the vehicle would suddenly began to jerk when shifting gears and the power steering had also malfunctioned causing the steering wheel to become very difficult to turn. The cause of the failures was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failures. The failure mileage was 167,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 302014

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Aura. While driving at approximately 55 mph, the brake lights illuminated independently. In addition, the cruise control ceased. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 93,000.

- Pigeon Falls, WI, USA

Oct 282015

While driving, the car suddenly reduced speed, engine light comes on stating to service traction. Had the car repaired. It happened twice since, each time a day after picking up the car from the dealership. The last time, Wednesday, October 28th, I was making a left turn, the car suddenly reduced speed, lights on. This is very dangerous. Contacted GM, no help at all!

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 112015

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Aura. While driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle decelerated independently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 33,000.

- Fort Mysers, FL, USA

Aug 162013

Aura 4-cyl

I began having issues with my car constantly jerking as the car accelerated up to 40mph. I assumed I must have put bad gas in my car since I visited a gas station I normally do not frequent. I took the car in and they claimed it was bad gas but here we are a year later with the same issues and clearly it was not bad gas and I got ripped off for replacing my fuel pump and having to pay for a rental car. I have wasted over $2K trying to figure out what the issue is with my car and I still have all my receipts as proof. The car jerks when it is very cold out and very hot, my car stalled numerous of times since this issue has began. I have had tons of diagnostics done and no one can figure out why it is "misfiring". I had my throttle body cleaned, checked my fuel lines and injectors, had the spark plugs checked, and had the maf sensor replaced twice. The check engine light came on twice but threw false codes specifically the maf sensor. I have been researching online for a year and I noticed other Saturn Aura drivers have been experiencing the same issue with no help from GM or a solution. I keep the maintenance up on my car so I do believe there seems to be some sort of known failure with these cars. I had my transmission checked and flushed and was told its in good condition. So either this is some sort of electrical issue or a bad part that is not being recalled. I would like for recall to be made on this model since numerous of drivers have reported this issue.

- Burtonsville, MD, USA

Jun 012014

Aura 4-cyl

While at highway speeds (55-75) power train surges, and cruise control will not engage. Also ESC service indicator warning light turns on. Contacted dealer and gave them this information. Had my car serviced on 7/14/2014 with new spark plugs, fuel line cleaning and new brakes (front and back) and the ESC indicator illuminating intermittently. Still have issues. They say that my VIN indicates that I do not have a recall for my vehicle. But, my car is showing all the tell-tale signs for what is described in GM recall #13036 from 5/14/2014.

- Henrico, VA, USA

Jun 092014

Vehicle continues to lose power driving on highway over 40 mph. Aaa contacted because the vehicle would not start. Aaa tested vehicle and noted that battery was good, alternator was good. Vehicle struggles to start at ignition. Vehicle is part of recall but when I run VIN at GM site it states my vehicle does not have an active recall. ESC and ABS light are always turning on and engine attempt to shut off at high speeds on fwy. Again, I call the dealer and my VIN is not part of active recall yet all safety and life threatening indications are there. Please advise.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Feb 212013

Aura 4-cyl

My mother was driving her vehicle when it suddenly accelerated to over 100 mph, she crashed her vehicle and died from the impact. Witnesses state she had her flashers on and she was observed trying to control the vehicle.

- Pleasant Grove, AL, USA

Oct 012013

Aura 4-cyl

My brakes lights are illuminated, while I'm driving and not pressing the brake pedal. The brake lights go off when I press the brake pedal. The "service ESC / service traction" is more-often-than-not illuminated on the instrument panel. When "service ESC / service traction" is lit, the cruise control will not work.

- Sylvania, OH, USA

Jun 032013

Cruise control dropped off unexpectedly and the brake lights remained on throughout the rest of the drive. The brake lights stay on when passed 4th gear and the Saturn shifts unnaturally between 4th and 6th gears between 50 and 70mph.

- Traverse City, MI, USA

Jun 012012

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Aura. The contact stated that while driving various speeds, the cruise control was activated and unexpectedly disengaged on its own. The failure was a frequent occurrence. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnosis and an unknown part was replaced on the vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 98,000.

- Alger, MI, USA

Oct 252012

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Aura. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the cruise control disengaged independently and without warning. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 25,000 and the current mileage was 29,000. The VIN was not available.

- South Port , IN, USA

Nov 222012

Aura 4-cyl

When driving the vehicle, the brake lights would come on randomly and would turn off when the brake pedal is pressed. They would operate in the opposite way that they should. This is extremely dangerous because vehicles behind you don't know when you are braking. This has been happening intermittently for months now.

- Kimball, MI, USA

Jul 182012

Aura 4-cyl

Brake lights work opposite of expected. That is: They are on when accelerating and go off when braking!! this is very dangerous. I have had it to GM dealership 3 times and they say it drove fine, and charged me a diagnostic fee. Granted traction control light only goes on sporadically to cause this mess which also causes cruise control to not work. Just because Saturn is no longer a car maker, there seems to be a cover-up by GM to ignore this problem. Yet the employees get $6,000. Bonus checks. To only have 212 of these complaints is the tip of the iceberg. The web blogs are loaded with these complaints and no quick fix of conductor jell to help corrosion will fix the chip that has gone dangerously wrong. This is an accident waiting to happen in detroit rush hour commutes each day when brake lights are reversed! please help me. I think it is unethical to sell the "as is" to someone uninformed, so yet I keep driving it each day. Note that very often I get yelled at in car washes to get off my brake due to this reversal error in brake lighting. They will verify my problem even though GM will not.

- New Hudson, MI, USA

Jul 312012

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Aura. The contact stated while driving 35 mph, the cruise control disengaged independently and the brake light came on. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance. The failure mileage was 49,628.

- White Cloud, MI, USA