2007 Saturn Aura
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Saturn Aura was a mid-size car meant to replace the somewhat problematic L-Series. Unfortunately, the Aura brought its own problems: namely cheap brake parts that needed early replacement and a gear shifter that could say it’s in park while the transmission was still engaged.
Brake problems, including uneven wear and warped rotors that cause the car to wobble, are common complaints from 2007 owners. Did GM use metal for its rotors that can’t stand the heat? That’s what some say, and it’s hard to argue when reports show that rotors could start to warp as early as 500 miles off the dealer lot.
Meanwhile, a busted gear shifter cable lead to some unwanted rollaways. That’s because the shifter could say “Park” while the transmission was still in drive, reverse or neutral. A defect investigation into the issue was opened in 2011, eventually leading to a recall of 56,000 vehicles in 2014.
Worst 2007 Aura Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems38NHTSA complaints: 123
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 31
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 99
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 84
- steering problems9NHTSA complaints: 52
- transmission problems8NHTSA complaints: 25
- seat belts / air bags problems5NHTSA complaints: 93
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems3
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 30
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 138
- lights problemsNHTSA: 57
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 8
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Saturn Aura Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Aura compares to other years?
Check out our Saturn Aura overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Aura.