2007 Saturn Aura
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Saturn Aura was a mid-size car meant to replace the somewhat problematic L-Series. Unfortunately, the Aura brought its own problems: namely cheap brake parts that needed early replacement and a gear shifter that could say it’s in park while the transmission was still engaged.
Brake problems, including uneven wear and warped rotors that cause the car to wobble, are common complaints from 2007 owners. Did GM use metal for its rotors that can’t stand the heat? That’s what some say, and it’s hard to argue when reports show that rotors could start to warp as early as 500 miles off the dealer lot.
Meanwhile, a busted gear shifter cable lead to some unwanted rollaways. That’s because the shifter could say “Park” while the transmission was still in drive, reverse or neutral. A defect investigation into the issue was opened in 2011, eventually leading to a recall of 56,000 vehicles in 2014.
2007 Saturn Aura Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Failure6
- Shift Cable Broke1
- Trans Slips In Traffic And Clunks1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission19
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Saturn Aura Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Aura compares to other years?
Check out our Saturn Aura overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Aura.