- August 25: GM Wins Zach Stevens Ignition Switch Trial news | 31 days ago
- August 21: Texas Lawsuit Says GM Ignition Switch Caused Fatal Crash news | 35 days ago
2008 Saturn Aura
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Aura’s issues with brakes, such as worn out rotors, isn’t as severe as the prior model year, but let’s just not start awarding them any brake awards just yet. Does that even exist? “The Brakies”?
One thing the 2008 does share with the 2007 is a recall of a busted gear shifter cable which can make it look like your car is in park, when the transmission is still engaged. You can only imagine what kind of fun that causes.
Worst 2008 Aura Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 82
- steering problems6NHTSA complaints: 66
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 17
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 59
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 30
- AC / heater problems2
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 31
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 85
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 20
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 17
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 14
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 6
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Saturn Aura Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Aura compares to other years?
Check out our Saturn Aura overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Aura.