2007 Saturn Outlook lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Outlook:

2007 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments (Page 5 of 7)

Dec 202010

Outlook 6-cyl

My 2007 Saturn Outlook burns out headlights (which are very expensive) with alarming frequency. The dealership tells me that it is burning out wiring harnesses which cost several hundred dollars each time a replacement is necessary. Through research, I know that others are experiencing this same failure of an (obviously) critical component.

- Pleasant Prairie, WI, USA

Dec 162010

Outlook 6-cyl

My low beam headlight on my 2007 Outlook stopped working. I started to replace the bulb but noticed when I looked at the connector that is one of the wire's has almost completed broken/burnt away from the it.

- Austin, TX, USA

Dec 102010

2007 Outlook xr AWD - front right low beam wiring harness and bulb connector melted after 37,000 miles.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Aug 202010

Outlook 6-cyl

For about a month the smell of something burning came through the vents of the car. Unable to locate the source. Then the driver side headlight went out while driving about two months later. When we went to replace it the socket to the wires were burned and melted. Unable to fix it and now will have to take it and get replaced. Headlight has been out for about three months now. We are lucky nothing more has happened to the headlight or that a fire didn't' happen.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Nov 232010

I am the proud owner of a 2007 Saturn Outlook and love the vehicle so for. However after having it for about 3 months, the passenger headlight went out. An easy fix. I replaced both bulb and two days later, the driverside started turning off and on by itself. I've now replaced both bulb twice in 3 months time. I wish I would've researched this vehicle before I bought it. I now read how GM is doing nothing and this is wrong. Someone could be serious injured or die from a result sudden light outage. Please GM help us out like we've helped you.

- Maineville, OH, USA

Nov 282010

Headlight wiring harness overheating and melting to the bulb, causing light failure and need of replacement. Faulty wire harness causes bulb to burn out before the bulb life has expired.

- Surprise , AZ, USA

Jul 012010

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook xr. The contact stated that the wiring harness in the headlights was melting, causing the headlights to malfunction. The contact made several attempts to repair the failure; however, the headlights continued to blow out. The dealer was contacted, but offered no assistance. The manufacturer had not been contacted. The vehicle was not repaired. The current mileage was approximately 44,290. The failure mileage was approximately 42,000.

- Portland, OR, USA

Nov 272010

Outlook 6-cyl

I was driving the vehicle today and noticed that the drivers headlight had burned out again. This is the second time since 9/18/2010. This is a serious matter that needs to be addressed by GM. I can not understand why a recall has not been issued. Does GM even know how to fix this problem. Becoming scared to drive vehicle at night fearing my headlights will go out completely.

- Lebanon, PA, USA

Sep 052010

Outlook 6-cyl

As many other owners of 2007 Saturn Outlooks have reported, the wiring for both headlights have melted, leaving me without headlights. This is a very dangerous situation for all motorists since the incident can occur at night when headlights are a must. Replacing the wiring harness and connector with the same factory wiring and connectors that GM supplies you with per the tsb, is not a correct fix. This will lead to a future failure, and melting wiring and plastic components could potentially cause a fire. This is dangerous and GM knows there is a problem. The factory needs to have a recall and have all components upgraded to ones that will handle the voltage required to run the headlights. I seriously hope there are no fires or accidents that cause any injury before GM decides to do something about this problem. It's bad enough that people are having to repeatedly spend their money to mask a problem that does nothing but come back at a later date.

- West Columbia, SC, USA

Nov 072010

2007 Outlook xr AWD - front right low beam wiring harness and bulb connector melted after 47,000 miles. Dealer replaced at cost to owner. A few days later front left low beam goes out. Same problem.

- Williamstown, PA, USA

Sep 122010

Outlook 6-cyl

Headlight wiring harness on 2007 Saturn Outlook xr melts causing fire hazard.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Oct 232010

Outlook 6-cyl

2007 Saturn Outlook. Driver side low beam headlight continuously develops problems. First, light starts operating intermittently; then, eventually fails completely. The first time it happened, I replaced the bulb (difficult operation accessed through the wheel well). It worked well for a few weeks, then failed again. After reading others' experiences, the next time it happened, I inspected the socket and saw visible charring on the contacts. So, I replaced the socket with an aftermarket part and replaced the bulb. It functioned well for about 3 months, and now the headlight is intermittent again, leaning towards failing completely again. This has been infuriating because the exact onset of the problem is unpredictable and has already caused me a nys equipment violation ticket. Plus, from what I can see, it is a potential fire hazard and certainly a safety hazard as far as driving at night with only one (or possibly no) functioning headlight(s). I cannot change sockets and bulbs every 2-3 months and am worried that the car is unsafe because of the obvious wiring harness issues. I know Saturn is out of business, but we need a safety recall to protect consumers like me who are stuck with an unsafe car. The new GM should pay for a recall.

- Freeport, NY, USA

Feb 222010

Saturn Outlook 2007 headlights keep going out and I cant see at night. Each time it cost over $600 to fix. It said it is the wiring harness and it is burnt. This seems to be a major safety issue as it can cause a fire and not to mention limited visibility to see at night!

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Oct 132010

After less than a year old, the driver side headlight assembly on my 2007 Outlook needed to be replaced. The dealership did the necessary repairs under warranty. In July 2010, I had a headlight out on the passenger side. I brought my car back to the dealership accepting Saturn since Saturn had now closed. I was told that the "headlight harness" had melted. I paid a hefty fee to had that repaired. In October 2010, the same thing happened to the driver's side headlight harness. The dealership offered no suggestion on to how to keep this from re-occurring. Furthermore, I have had to have air "bled" from the "closed" power steering line 3 times. Also, the stabilitrac system will occasionally "turn itself off" causing the car to lose power on turns.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Oct 012010

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. While driving 20 mph, the contact noticed that the headlights were dim. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the contact was informed that the driver side warning harness melted which caused the bulb to fail. The dealer replaced the wiring harness. The failure and the current mileage were approximately 89,000.

- San Anselmo , CA, USA

Oct 072010

Left low beam headlight on my 2007 Saturn Outlook failed for the third time in three months at approx 40,000 miles. From other reports on same issue it appears the wiring harness/socket assembly may be faulty and needs to be replaced; but parts are reportedly hard to get and the harness/socket has not been fixed. This is a safety issue and should be addressed by our government owned company, General Motors.

- Grapevine, TX, USA

Aug 012010

2007 Saturn Outlook has a known problem with headlight wiring burning resulting in loss of low beam headlight functionality. My incident occurred on the right low beam headlamp socket. The headlight would go out and come back on intermittently for several months before becoming completely nonoperational. After discovering on the internet that this was a common complaint among others owning this vehicle, I called GM customer service. I took it into an authorized dealer per their request and they diagnosed the problem as a corroded socket. Since I was sure the socket was plastic I questioned this but went ahead and had them order me a new socket and replace both the socket and the light bulb. I asked for the old socket back. Upon inspection, the old socket was clearly melted and had blackened burned areas on the wiring. The socket was burned to the point that it would no longer hold the headlight bulb. Replacement with parts and labor was approx $200. Reported issue to Saturn, provided them with copies of other customer complaints around same issue from other Saturn Outlook owners. I suggested that headlights going out intermittently could be a safety issue as is burning wires. They were unable to reimburse me and did not feel a recall was in order. I read on the internet that there was a service alert issued for this same problem but my particular vehicle was not covered under that alert based on the VIN per GM. I have the old socket and light bulb that was replaced. Potential safety issue as loss of headlight functionality is sudden and intermittent.

- Westminster, CO, USA

Aug 102010

Driverside headlamp on low beam turned off, replaced bulb and went off again within 3 weeks, harness is causing a short therefore replacing the bulb makes no difference.

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Sep 052010

Was driving down I-80 in sacramento county when the left low beam headlamp went out. Didn't really think any thing of it until I started to hear a clicking sound. Upon finally figuring out how to get to the lowbeam headlamp I discovered that the lamp wiring connector had melted. How does that happen in a new car? looked at other issues for the Outlook and have discovered that this is a systemic issues and is occurring with similar model Outlooks.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Aug 312010

Outlook 6-cyl

Passenger side headlamp on 2007 Outlook failed to turn on. Had limited visibility during night time. I replaced the bulb thinking it had simply burnt out, within a couple of hours the new bulb also went out. I decided to look closer at the connector and discovered the H9 female connector had a melted female connecter and wire. I have been pulled over a few times by various police since the light went out and each time I have to explain what happened. While searching the internet for a new replacement part and instruction on repair (all Saturn dealers have closed and remaining GM dealerships are not close or convenient) when I read about other owners going through the same problems. The replacement parts are the same inadequate components that have failed in the past. Sudden loss of headlights at night could result in many accidents resulting in severe injury or death. The drivers would be unable to see the road, obstacles, or pedestrians if the lights were to go out while driving on an unlit street or road. I have replaced the bulb three times before noticing the melted connector as the head light assembly is only accessible through the wheel wells. The space is very limited and very difficult to work in making it very difficult to see the failed connector.

- Salem, NH, USA