Transmission Failure

2003 Saturn Vue (Page 2 of 2)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Saturn dealer.

8.9

$3,647.00

1. rebuild or replace the transmission (16 reports)
  3. turn it into a 5sp (1 reports)
2003 Saturn Vue transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Saturn Vue:

2003 Saturn Vue Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 062010

Vue Sport Utility 4d 4-Cly.2.2L

THIS CAR WAS GIVEN TO ME BY MY SISTER BECAUSE SHE BOUGHT NEW CAR. BUT SHE HAS TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS. AND SHE HAS A MOTION AGAINST THE PERSON THAT WAS TO FIX IT . THEY FIXED IT BEFORE AND IT WAS UNDER WARRANTY FOR A YEAR .THAN THE TRANSMISSION ACTED UP BEFORE THE YEAR WAS UP . SO ALL IN ALL THE CAR WAS NOT FIX.

- , Phillipsburg, NJ, USA

Jun 222009

Vue AWD 2.2L

• CVT transmission

i bought this car thinking that 2.2 awd what a great deal. i paid 8600 for it. i got to drive it for 2 months. it stinks. then i find out that the trans are bad in all off them. the drive belt is what breaks. they are poorly made.

- , Newark, OH, USA

Mar 222007

Vue 2.2L

saturn refuses to replace their defective replacement transmission with only 16,000 miles on it. best they can do is a 10% discount cost is 5700. get real. i own 5 gm cars and never again.

- , Mcdonough, GA, USA

May 132008

Vue LX 2.2L

• CVT transmission

contacted Saturn to no avail. fortunately we had purchased extended warranty and that covered it. really disappointed that Saturn wasn't more helpful. they almost had a Vue left on their lot.

- , Wales, ME, USA

Oct 012007

Vue CVT 2.2L I4

• CVT transmission

The transmission will sometimes disengage while sitting in gear @ a light or such. When given throttle to proceed motion the transmission will slip then hit hard, jerking the car. This happens in reverse as well. Happens on incline or on level ground. I have replaced the fluid with OEM products (@ 85,000 miles) and the belt was replaced @ 40,000 miles.

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Feb 012008

Vue 2.2L I4

• CVT transmission

I hate GM. They make the flimsiest cars in the world. I'd rather own a Tata than a GM, or a Ford with 385,000 miles, than a GM car. But I have to give them credit in this situation. My Vue was whirring like a Cuisinart, so I took it to my local Saturn dealer. They kindly informed me that I needed new wheel bearing ($800), which was pretty abnormal for a car with 43,500 miles in my opinion. They also rebuilt the transmission, which, fortunately, GM did under an extended warranty. I must give them credit for doing this- I can't get Nissan to replace my lemon engine in my Altima...

- , Columbus, OH, USA