NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2006 Saturn Vue (Page 3 of 4)

2006 Saturn Vue electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saturn Vue:

2006 Saturn Vue Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Dec 102008

Vue

The contact owns a 2006 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the ignition switch and the power system failed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 10,000. The VIN was not available.

- Houghsonville, NY, USA

Jan 292008

Vue 4-cyl

1st incident date 1/29/2008 mileage 2956, vehicle was towed to dealer, 2nd incident 3/12/14 73,780, keys continue to presently get stuck in ignition, it locks up, you have to wiggle, try to turn steering, ignition doesn't lineup, after waiting to prevent from breaking key in ignition it lines up after wiggling lock steering, this happens all the times sometimes prefer not to turn car off, to keep from being stranded, this has been happening again for at least 2 yrs. I now have 74,000 miles. Also I've experienced 2X's car not starting, everything shutting down, door won't lock, lights wont turn off inside vehicle, radio works, but car won't start, or do anything, last incident 3/12/14 brand new battery purchase 5/17/2012. This last incident vehicle had to be towed to dealer.

- Ft. Washington , MD, USA

May 082014

Vue

The contact owns a 2006 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the key needed to be shaken several times prior to starting the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. A private mechanic diagnosed that the failure was the ignition switch. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown. The current mileage was 113,005.

- Tinton Falls, NJ, USA

Apr 142014

Vue 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the key failed to be removed from the ignition. The key was able to be removed only after jiggling the key in the ignition. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated that the ignition switch needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000. Updated 8/11/14

- Omro, WI, USA

Nov 292006

Vue 4-cyl

Electrical problems started at 25K miles and continues through today May 5, 2014 doors unlocking while driving. Both passenger and driver airbags lights go on and off at will. All panel lights would go out. I have replaced parking, backup and head lights 4 times in this vehicle. Tag light keeps blowing, and I have replaced 4 times in 2 months I just replaced them sat May 2 and one is out now. I have to replace fuses every month for various things repeatedly the front or roof interior lights are on every morning and they are not in the on position. The speakers fade in and out I feel like I got a lemon with this vehicle year and I have spent so much money paying for dealers to trace the electrical but they always claim they cannot locate any problems. I never had a problem with the other 3 Saturn's I purchased. Ugh!

- Capitol Heights , MD, USA

Mar 142014

Vue 6-cyl

I would like to file a complaint about my 2006 Saturn Vue. There have been many instances when the air bag warning lights have illuminated on my dashboard, especially the last 2 months. This warning light appears intermittently and I also lost the illumination of my dashboard one evening. After taking the car to my mechanic, he believes that air bag light is triggered when the seat is moved to another position. He also informed me that when the air bag light is on the air bags would not deploy due to a malfunction with the system. As someone who drives primarily on the freeway at higher speeds, this is very frightening to me! after researching this today, I cannot believe how many other 2006 Saturn Vue owners have this very same complaint! why has there not been a recall for this very serious safety issue on this vehicle?

- Canton, MI, USA

Jan 012009

Vue 4-cyl

The ignition switch will not turn with the factory key to start the ignition. The key has to be jiggled, and/or removed and reinserted several times for this to start the vehicle.

- Newton , NC, USA

Sep 182013

Vue

While driving the gauges stopped working. Gauge lights stopped working. Pulled over jiggled the keys and after re-start everything returned to normal. This has happened several times. It all points to the loose ignition, jiggle the keys and allis fine. I removed everything from key ring, this seems to help.

- Grass Valley, CA, USA

Mar 182014

Vue

I had to replace the ignition switch a couple of years after purchasing the 2006 Saturn Vue. When removing the key on numerous occasions it would twist my key and eventually wear down the key which required replacement. Eventually the key got stuck in the ignition and I had to have the car towed and ignition replaced at my own cost. It is doing the same thing again wearing down my keys and practically twisting it off when I try to remove the key from the ignition. I have worn down many, keys in the past 8 years. Too many to count, which are expensive and very time consuming to replace. I don't want to have to pay to replace another ignition again!!!! I need help with this problem.

- Akron, OH, USA

Mar 122013

Vue

The contact owns a 2006 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the ignition would move without the key being inserted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the ignition switch was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised that the vehicle was not included in any recalls. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 60,000 and the current mileage was 80,000.

- El Paso , TX, USA

Mar 012013

Vue

Airbag warning light says non-functional on both sides but intermittent. 69 of 129 problems reported with 2006 Saturn Vue are airbag or electrical and many talk about this problem which may relate to heater in passenger seat. This passenger seat heater does not function in my vehicle. Serious safety issue if bags are non-functional. Why no recall.

- Bolton, CT, USA

Aug 152012

Vue

I have had problems with the seat warmer on the drivers side since we bought the car. The radio changes from radio to cd by it's self. I have had to replace the alternator twice since 2012. There is serious electrical problems with this vehicle & GM should fix them!

- Boise, ID, USA

Jan 012007

Vue 6-cyl

Most times when I try to turn the key, the ignition gets stuck and will not turn. I have to jiggle and flip the key several times before I can get the key to turn. It's been replaced once while under warranty but has started doing it again about a year ago. At some point, I'm not going to be able to get the car started.

- Peoria, IL, USA

May 132013

Vue 4-cyl

The ignition lock on my Saturn Vue has been giving me problems over multiple occasions since may of this year. It locks and at times doesn't allow the key to turn the car on and sometimes once on, it doesn't allow it to shut off. I have taken it into a certified dealer for repair and it took 3 tech's to find that the only issue they could find was a wiring issue under the car but still nothing with the ignition lock as it works on and off. I have reported this with Saturn once already and they have done nothing to remedy the situation. I have been stuck at random stores and late for work and even had to rent a vehicle to take our son to see the specialist in another state. We took it for a oil change today and new battery and once again the tech had a difficult time with turning the key. However seeing as it was at a walmart oil & lube express, they were not equipped to handle that type of repair. Today's mileage is 132200. I am highly recommending against anyone I know of buying Saturn at this point. The customer service is far less than desirable and I wish I had never made the purchase myself.

- Greene, NY, USA

Jun 102006

Vue

Ever since I purchased the car, the air bags have been a problem. They were replaced in 2008 by the dealer. Well, air bag light indicator is on again. It's a problem with the heated seats on the passenger side and air bag indicator. If I turn the heated seat on passenger side on, the view minutes later the air bag light indicator goes off. Once I turn off the heated seat, the air bag light comes back on. It pretty stupid to run the heated seat in the summer time, but that's what I have to do to keep my family safe. None of the air bags will work unless I use the heated seat. I believe a recall should be considered on this before somebody ends up killed because of the air bags, if they have not already. I am also afraid that constant continued use of the heated seat will cause a fire.

- Olive Branch, MS, USA

Mar 202013

Vue 6-cyl

The air bag light on the dash came on and went off for several weeks and when this would happen, the air bag stated it was not on even when someone was sitting in the front passenger seat. I took it the GM dealer in my area and was told that the air bag sensor and passenger side heater switch needed to be replaced. After researching this particular problem online, I found several reports on various websites of this exact problem occurring in this same make/model of vehicle regarding the air bag sensor/seat heater sensor. When the dealer was asked about this concern/repair, we were told it was not a common occurrence, even though online reports stated differently. My question is that since this seems to be a repetitive problem of the exact same nature with this vehicle make/model and year, why did GM not submit a recall for this serious safety concern regarding the air bag issue?..updated 04/25/13

- Magnolia, TX, USA

Mar 012013

Vue 6-cyl

Passenger side seat triggers the airbag light to come on. Does this mean that the airbags no longer work?

- Skowhegan, ME, USA

Aug 182012

Vue 4-cyl

Problem with the ignition. It's very difficult to start up the car with the original car key.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jul 062012

Vue 6-cyl

It is impossible to turn the stuck ignition switch on to start the engine. Is more of a problem in hot weather.

- Rochester, MN, USA

Jun 212012

Vue 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that as the vehicle was started, smoke was coming from the steering column. The fire department was notified who removed the steering column from the vehicle. The fire department informed the contact that the wiring on the turn signals and the light switches were burned. No one was injured and a fire report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 62,065. Updated 08/01/12

- Memphis, TN, USA