NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2006 Saturn Vue (Page 1 of 4)

2006 Saturn Vue seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saturn Vue:

2006 Saturn Vue Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jan 012007

Vue

1st issue. Both heated seats went out. Then passenger airbag sometimes goes off even with passenger sitting in chair. I can reset airbag with passenger heated seat button. This happens all the time and is very dangerous for passenger. Key switch locks and I have to jiggle steering wheel to release.

- Longview, WA, USA

Aug 012016

Vue

Takata recall. My airbag light has been randomly going on and off. Some days I will turn my car on and it will stay on for awhile and then I will turn off and start back up and it will be off.

- Jackson, MI, USA

Nov 012015

Vue

Takata recall. My airbag light has been on consistently for the past few months. Came on one day I got in the car to leave for work it went off and came back on several days later and has been on ever since. I reached out to Saturn to be told there is no recall on this issue, even though I have seen several complaints online about it. I was told I needed to set and appointment to have it looked at, which would cost $100 just to look at it. I have noticed people online paying over $1000 to have the light issue repaired to have the same issue again. Now I cannot pass inspection because of the indicator staying on.

- Hampton, VA, USA

Jun 072014

Vue

Takata recall? my 2006 Saturn Vue airbag systems light keeps coming on and then will go off. It's been doing this for years with no accident in car history. Wondering if it(airbags) will go off in the middle of driving or not go off when it needs to.

- Coleridge, NE, USA

May 242016

Vue

We just purchased a 2006 Saturn Vue, one owner, low miles (53,000). Had an auto check done and was happy it hasn't been in an accident and the auto check stated that there were no recalls. After having for two weeks the air bag warning light started coming on and indicating that there is a problem with the airbag system. This has happened several times. So I did some research on the internet about the subject and was shocked to see that this is a recurring problem that there seems to be no recall on. The research shows that airbags are not inflating or operating properly. Now I'm concerned about the safety of our vehicle and not having funds to repair such an expensive problem since GM has quit making the Saturn. Please initiate a recall, so many lives depend on this.

- Hartford, KY, USA

May 092016

Vue

While driving home from a vacation trip we noticed the passenger seat belt light was brightly lit as on. At the same time I noticed the bright light indicator was showing to be on. After a while both lights turned off. In a short while, both lights appeared on again. Later, it happened again. I then took the headlights off of"always on" and the bright light indicator went out but the passenger seat belt light stayed on. When I turned the headlights back on the bright light indicator came back on. The odometer just turned over to the 40K mark. The vehicle doesn't get that much driving. Since we are currently dealing with airbag issues, based on the takata recall, we are very nervous of what we might be dealing with on the Saturn Vue.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Jan 022013

Vue

Airbag warning light won't go off or service light.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 292015

Vue

The contact owns a 2006 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The contact also stated that the passenger side air bag warning indicator remained illuminated with a passenger seated in the front seat. The contact further stated that there was an abnormal knocking sound in the air bag housing on the passenger side dashboard of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be diagnosed; however, the dealer refused to diagnose the vehicle. The contact was informed by the service department that there was no proof of a failure in the air bag. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 155,000.

- Ewa Beach, HI, USA

Aug 012014

Vue

Passenger seat sensor defective. Indicator light says air bag is off even when occupied by an adult. When seat-belt is unbuckled, does not indicate passenger is unbuckled as programmed. Able to clear problem by unbuckling, raising up out of seat, forcibly sitting down, and re-buckling.

- National City, CA, USA

Jul 062014

Vue

Can not turn on or off passenger side airbag using the button in above the radio and the light on the dashboard turns on every time I put something in the passenger seat. Even if it's a bottle of water my Vue is a V6 automatic with the Honda engine, but the transition between gears is not smooth at all it feels more like it's jerking into gear. When I put my car in park. I'm know one day I'm going to walk up to it and it won't be there because it will have rolled away. My Vue rolls back N forth in park on flat surfaces. So on a hill it's scarry. It rolls more than my old car that didn't even have anti lock breaks. And a lot of the time using the E-break dosnt help all that much

- Netcong, NJ, USA

Jul 012008

Vue

Problem has been happening since around 2008 (maybe sooner). The air bag warning light will come on while driving, and turn off/on at random while driving at almost any speed. I've taken the vehicle to the dealer multiple times and reported the problem, and each time that are unable to reproduce the problem. This is a constant issue, yet the dealer can never find an error code on the computer or reproduce the problem, even when they kept the vehicle for multiple days.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jun 032015

Vue 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Saturn Vue. While driving approximately 30 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated. In addition, the front passenger air bag warning light delayed to illuminate approximately ten minutes after the seat was occupied. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 97,000. MA 08/13/15 the consumer stated the air bag light on the dash did not come on all the time. The passenger side air bag light would not illuminate for approximately 10 minutes after driving and the speed has reached 30 mph. The passenger and driver side air bags intermittently illuminate at different times. Updated 12/1/2015

- Mooresville, NC, USA

Jun 012015

Vue

2006 Saturn Vue. Consumer writes in regards to information on vehicles defective airbag problem.

- Forked River, NJ, USA

May 082015

Vue

I was driving and a truck stopped in front of me very quickly I didn't have time to stop. I hit the back end of the truck. Which had the tailgate lowered. The tail gate went through the whole front end of my car. Completely totaling my car. As a result my leg was pinned I suffered a concussion and whiplash as I hit my head on the staring wheel. My airbags didn't deploy driver or passenger side. The indicator light on the dash said the air bag was off for passenger side. I had a passenger in the car and neither air bag came out causing serious damage to my head and neck

- Mcminnville, TN, USA

Mar 142015

Vue

Passenger air bag indicator on dash indicates the passenger air bag is off and the dash instrument cluster has the air bag warning light illuminated. Periodicaly te system appears to work but shortly thereafter returns to the warning status with person occupying the passenger seat.

- Anchorage, AK, USA

Mar 052015

Vue 6-cyl

I had just dropped off a co-worker when my passenger side air bag and seat belt light came back on with no one in the seat. I went down the road a few miles and the lights went off. I went a little further down the road when they came back on again. The next day the same thing happened except this time the lights remained on until the vehicle was parked and the engine turned off. This has happened twice so far, the first time March 4, 2015, and the second incident on March 5, 2015. I have had passengers in the seat before without the light coming back on after they have gotten out. This is a new problem that I have just recently experienced. I have only had the vehicle five months so I do no know if this has happened prior to me owning it. I will be taking it to a garage to be checked out if this happens again to try and duplicate the problem.

- Corland , NY, USA

Feb 182015

Vue

The contact owns a 2006 Saturn Vue. While driving approximately 55 mph, the seat belt and air bag warning lights illuminated. In addition, the passenger side air bag was not activated when the seat was occupied. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 109,000.

- Edgewood, KY, USA

Jan 092014

• 1,000,000 miles
Able to take key out of the ignition while driving. Bells go off opposite of what they should; when key is out after car is parked the alarm rings when door is opened. Passenger airbag reads off always. Passenger rear door will not close unless using extreme forse.

- Saginaw, MI, USA

Nov 062014

Vue

I have the same problem!!!! sometimes the passenger airbag will not turn on and the light on the dash says the airbag is off when a person is sitting there. I found that if you unbuckle your seat belt and get out and back into the seat it sometimes resets the light. Several people have posted the same unsafe condition. See-- "about 6 months ago the air bag indicator light for the passenger side started to become inconsistent in its on/off stages. We thought it was just the age of the car, but Saturn is no longer in existence, so we felt there wasn't much we could do. After reading some of the recent complaints about the 2006 Vue (on this site), we felt it necessary to advise that we also have similar experiences with the air bag indicator light for passenger side." Don't know if the airbag will work?

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Aug 292014

Vue

About 6 months ago the air bag indicator light for the passenger side started to become inconsistent in its on/off stages. We thought it was just the age of the car, but Saturn is no longer in existence, so we felt there wasn't much we could do. After reading some of the recent complaints about the 2006 Vue (on this site), we felt it necessary to advise that we also have similar experiences with the air bag indicator light for passenger side.

- Metairie, LA, USA