4.0

1. changed the blue abs relay (1 reports)
2000 Toyota Avalon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Toyota Avalon:

2000 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Aug 282009

Avalon XLS 3.0L V6

I have a 2000 avalon xls with 77K on it. I recently (about 1500 miles back) started getting the abs and vsc lights on. But they are not ON constantly. They come all of a sudden while the vehicle is is motion and then if I steer the vehicle to extreme left or right from a stand still position they go turn off and ABS starts working. I went to a mechanic for getting the ABS diagnostics, he checked got the codes for the first time, c0273,c1246,c1301. So to complete the test he reset the ECU , the codes were gone. Everything started working normally. So he could not point out the cause.

After 300 miles the ABS and VSC lights came ON again and they go off if I Steer the vehicle to extreme left or right. I called mechanic and he told me its with the ECU and will have to replace it, But from what I saw, mechanic could not point out the cause as the codes never came up while he was testing. So he is just bluffing and trying to squeeze money. I know some point of time if the codes are consistent a mechanic can read the problem. Now, please let me know if any one had had a similar problem, any information is appreciable.

THanks,

Harry

Update from Dec 8, 2009: Changed the blue ABS relay.

Update from Dec 8, 2009: Changed the BLUE ABS RELAY.

- , Philadelphia, PA, USA