8.0

2000 Toyota Avalon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Toyota Avalon:

2000 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Apr 012004

Avalon LX

I am a loyal Toyota owner, have owned a total of 7 during my adult life. Have had great service, dependability and low manintence with each. However, I bought a 2000 Toyota Avalon XL in 2002 and shortly thereafter the check engine light came on. Panic that something was wrong with the engine, I took it in to various repair shops several times. They did replaced the oxygen sensors, along with various other parts and reset the light. It would be off until the car was turned off and restarted, driven no more than a mile. The light finally burned out. I have been out several thousand dollars trying to get it fixed. With the light out, I simply leave it alone now. the only other problem I have had with the car is the Oxygen sensors. Have had them replaced and now I need to replace again, again, I love my car, this is an isolated incident with my vehicles.

- , Mt. Sterling, Ky, USA