2001 Toyota Avalon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Avalon:

2001 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Jun 012009

Avalon XLS V6

Hired a mobile mechanic to fix the check engine, VSC and ABS idiot lights. Was told my problem was the engine ECU module. Had it replaced (long ordeal) by Toyota for just the costs of replacing two keys that had to be programmed to my car. (ECU was free from Toyota). None of the lights went out after new engine ECU module was installed. I was told by Toyota that the Air Flow sensor was the problem. A new Air Flow sensor was installed. (Another long story). Engine check light went out but the ABS and VSC lights stayed on. Toyota then stated that my steering angles sensor was the poblem. ($490.00) I had it replaced. ABS and VSC lights remained on. Now I'm told it's the skid control ECU which goes new for $2106.00 plus labor.Toyota tried to locate a used one but no luck. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm told the car is safe to drive but I won't have ABS brakes and my skid control won't work. Two of the reasons I purchased the car new for. Anybody got any suggestions for me??

- , Ocala, FL, USA