2004 Toyota Avalon seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Avalon:

2004 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Sep 062016

Avalon

Took car to don mcgill 3times, took it to joe myers today and the SRS light is still on, they say they completed the recall, but I need a dr side air bag it has a dtc B0116 I'm going to check connections. It's my moms car and I want to be sure it's working.and safe no shrapmetal.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 242016

Avalon

No airbags deployed in my 2004 Avalon XLS when a driver stated she did not see me/my car and turned left in front of me leaving me 2 seconds to brake.this was on a cityn street and she was turning from stopped position into private commercial parking lot. I was driving in lane closest to her car to reach light another 500 feet ahead so I could turn South when I got to it. My car was traveling 30-35mph(5-10mph under posted speed limit).I had just entered the roadway 400 ft before her turn from 0mph to maybe 3mph? in front of me. My car hit hers on bar between the front and back passenger doors. It caused her car to rise up-I saw the undercarriage of her car; it then rolled completely over onto its roof out of my sight. All witness descriptions of the incident and my own description of what happened were exactly the same. She was found at fault and we both were transported on backboards with C collars to closest hospital. I have injured spine(cervical, thoracic, lumbar), bilateral injuries to shoulders, elbows, wrists, hands, fingers, knees, femoral ball and socket joints, migraines, inability to get full night's rest, memory loss-search for words & just plain don;T remember things I may have done-what I had for breakfast or if I even ate breakfast; what someone has told me; what happened on a tv show or movie; experiencing frustration, anxiety, fear of dying in a car wreck-paramedic told me if I had not been in the size car I was in that I would have been a pile of broken bones or dead; the at-fault driver was also taken to hospital the same way I was; her airbags did not depoly either; impacted her car, a 1998 Toyota Avalon. Any plausible explanation of why airbags did not deploy in either of our cars?

- Roswell, GA, USA

Aug 222016

Avalon

I tried twice to get a safety recall fixed by koons Toyota tysons corner after receiving a notice from Toyota that there was a safety recall on my Toyota Avalon (recall 15V-043). Twice the dealer told me they would have to inspect the car to see if it needed a remedy to the recall and only after an inspection would they order parts. I brought it in the first time, they said it did need the recall and they would order the parts. They never did. When I tried to schedule it again, they told me the same story that I had to bring it in for an inspection and then they would decide if they could order the parts. It is ridiculous to go through such terrible customer service, and so therefore the recall has not been remedied yet.

- Mclean, VA, USA

Jan 282015

Avalon

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Avalon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V043000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Murrells Inlet, SC, USA

Jun 202016

Avalon

Airbag light came on and spent 2000 dollars at don mcgill Toyota to have drivers side airbag replaced. About a 1000 miles ( 3 months) later, the light is back on with the same code. Dealer so far is unable to find the problem. This is a reoccurring problem. I am concerned about inadvertent airbag deployment as well as losing the use of my car while the dealer tries to figure out the problem. I think they are just throwing expensive parts at it hoping something works,

- Columbus, TX, USA

Jan 012008

Avalon

Since at least 2008 the airbag warning light has come on at random times. I took the car into a dealer in 2008. They failed to fix it. I took it in again. They failed to fix it. In 20014 there was a recall. It failed to fix it. 2016 there was another recall. It failed to fix the issue. Toyota is unwilling to take responsibility to fix the issue or is incompetent.

- North Bend, WA, USA

Jun 272013

Avalon

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Avalon. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle needed a new fuel cap. The contact received notice of NHTSA campaign 14V147000 (air bags). The vehicle was not repaired for the air bag issue. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not provided.

- Shelby, AL, USA

Nov 052014

Avalon

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Avalon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V043000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Part distribution connect.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Mar 012014

Avalon

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Avalon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V043000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Laurel, MD, USA

May 142016

Avalon

Car was taken in 05/2016 for recall work to replace SRS and ECU. After recall repair, intermittent pax side airbag light flashes on and off saying passenger airbag issue. Dealer refuses to do more than specified recall replacement. We now cannot tell if we have airbags that will work and if the restraint system will tension the seat belts in an accident. The additional issue is that the front springs and struts have a flaw that makes a well aligned car, pull left. We are replacing this Toyota flaw at our own expense despite the presence of a service notice.

- Port Angeles, WA, USA

Feb 012016

Avalon

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Avalon. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V043000 (air bags) was received in February of 2016. After contacting the dealer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Martinsville, VA, USA

May 052016

Avalon

"takata recall: In August of 2009 the airbag light came on while driving; I took car to Toyota dealer, technician road tested the car and said the airbag light did not come on. The airbags light continued coming on at different times, but did not stay on constantly. In July of 2014 I received a recall notice from Toyota, remedy was done, on January 06,2015. This remedy did not work so I was notified in March 2016 that a remedy was ready, and to take my car to the Toyota dealer and the remedy would be installed. Since April 07, 2016 my car has been in and out of the dealership because the airbag light is still coming on especially during warm weather, I got my car back from the Toyota dealership on April 28. 2016 for the second time, drove it on the weekend about 64 miles round trip the airbag light came on and off to and from my trip. My car has approx.103,900 miles but the problem started before that mileage and Toyota did not say it was due to how many miles the car had been driven.

- Madera, CA, USA

Mar 012014

Avalon

Complaint to the administrator: SRS & ECU recall notice: "original remedy for this safety recall (Toyota #E0G), announced in March, 2014." I received the "urgent safety recall" notice on April 3, 2015. Your website today gives: NHTSA recall number: 15V043 / recall date: January 27, 2015 / manufacturer recall number: Esg, and states under remedy that when a remedy becomes available, Toyota will update. My printed notice from Toyota says: "we will send you another notification once these preparations are complete." I have not rec'd anything from Toyota. So it has been more than two years I have been driving a possibly unsafe vehicle.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Feb 012015

Avalon

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Avalon. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V0430000 (air bags) was received in February of 2015. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Brookln, NY, USA

Jan 012014

Avalon

I received a safety recall notice from Toyota years ago. I called them a number of times and they still don't have the replacement part. They told me they would call me when they received it but I have never heard from them. Toyota is risking my life and those of my passengers.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

May 012007

Avalon

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Avalon. While driving at various speeds, the air bag warning light illuminated. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the SRS and ECU needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 45,000. Updated 05/26/16

- Madera, CA, USA

Mar 012015

Avalon

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Avalon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V043000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Apr 042014

Avalon

Dash lights keep coming on showing air bags icon and we have a recall dated in October 2015 and stated that the sub-wire harness was installed and the the SRS ECU was not replaced. Every time I call my local Toyota dealership I find out that Toyota has not sent the replacement parts. I use glynn smith in sylacauga, al 35150: Phone 256-245-5251. Getting worried that the air bags might deploy on us and cause us to wreck. Toyota is dragging feet! my phone is 256-378-7224 and car is in wife's name kathy J. martin.

- Childersburg, AL, USA

Oct 292014

Avalon 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Avalon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V043000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The manufacturer stated that they did not have any updates on the remedy since February of 2016. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 04/29/16 the consumer stated there have been no new updates on the air bag. However, the ECU was replaced. Updated 05/05/16.

- Pilot Mountain, NC, USA

Oct 052015

Avalon

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Avalon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V043000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms part not available.

- Haverhill, FL, USA