CarComplaints.com Notes: The Camry Hybrid's first year is a mixed bag of brake actuators failing and power issues. The hybrid version even shares the same excessive oil consumption as its non-hybrid counterpart. And it hardly gets enough fuel efficiency gains to warrant the extra costs up-front or during repairs.

Toyota seemed to get their act together with later model years, so if you're looking for a used Camry Hybrid I suggest looking there.

3.0

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid:

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Comments

Dec 122013

Camry Hybrid

Rear windshield exploded while sitting in driveway on 8/15/15. Dashboard very shiny and sticky, causing a horrible glare. The glare gets so bad that sometimes I can't see other drivers. Toyota says they will replace it when parts come in, it's been 2 years since then and still no parts. In the meantime, the glare gets worse. It's just a matter of time before an accident occurs.

- Roseville, CA, USA

Sep 262016

Camry Hybrid

The ABS light and check vsc light and brake light went on. When I tried to apply brakes to stop, I realized that the brakes completely failed. The car was skidding and keep going and I pumped the brakes and still the car was moving forward. I came close to hitting another car and luckily stopped couple of inches from the other car. It keeps happening often and I am worried to drive this car as it is. It works fine and suddenly goes to this brake failing mode. Especially happen more often if it rains and making it more dangerous.

- Austin, TX, USA

Aug 112016

Camry Hybrid

My car has hit 171073 and is the 2nd time or 3 time that saids "check vsc system"and my stability control is notbworking propertly the dealer said is something normal with this year mkd and model of the car please help.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 242016

Camry Hybrid

I'm responding to the known issue. I have a sticky shiny dashboard that chips very easily. It feels like paint that's not cured.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Apr 012016

Camry Hybrid

When shifted into reverse while car not on or when car on but key not detected or during delay between key detection car will roll backwards but will not allow driver to drive forward.

- Larchmont, NY, USA

Oct 172015

Camry Hybrid

Toyota failed to replace melting/sticky dashboard after 6 month from the initial inspection. (1) the melting/stickyness of the dashboard releasing toxic fume likely have long term effects on ones health, and (2) the shiny/reflective surface the dashboard creates a safety hazard for drivers.

- Arcadia, CA, USA

Mar 182016

Camry Hybrid

When I change break pads and rotors the vsc system light is on.. breaks no engaged.

- East Hartford, CT, USA

Mar 042016

Camry Hybrid

While driving on a straight road on 3 separate occasions I lost all control of my brakes and my "check vsc light", brake light and ABS lights came on. I was not able to stop my car like normal and the brake pedal went all the way to the floor. It was very scary while driving.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jun 192015

Camry Hybrid

The Toyota Camry hybrid shows the "check vsc system" message on the dashboard with the brake, hazard, warning, and ABS lights. Upon research it seems like a known Toyota issue with their faulty ABS accumulator. The replacement cost is a staggering $2500+ quoted by the dealers. Without replacing it affects the brake systems. There is pulsating in the brakes. There is also water pump leak associated with this. This should be handled by Toyota with a recall. There are lots of reporting for this same issue and fixing this issue is so costly and for a know failed/fauly component.

- Austin, TX, USA

May 312013

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

I have a 2007 Camry intermittently the ABS light and brake light lit up together and the odometer stop working simultaneously. These problems would all go away simultaneously for a while before they all go bad again simultaneously. Also the aircondition would stop working at the same time. I took it to a shop and they told me I need to replace my brake modulator /control module assembly.I been searching on line to see how many vehicle from Toyota had the same problem and I found that alot of Toyota Camry had the same problem, I think this need to be investigated thank you.

- Saint Marys, GA, USA

Mar 012012

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

2007 model year Toyota Camry were manufactured using a dashboard material that deteriorates with exposure to sunlight. Specifically, the plastic becomes very shiny, very tacky, and easy to damage. When the sun angle is correct, the light reflects off the shiny plastic, and then reflects off the windshield into the driver's eyes, producing a glare that represents, in my opinion, a safety hazard. A considerable amount of plastic is also being deposited daily on the windshield inner surface, producing a whitish haze that reduces visibility and increases scattered light. Numerous Toyota Camry (and some Lexus) owners are reporting the same problem, primarily in locations that receive more sunlight (Florida, Texas, puerto rico, and Hawaii, for example, as an internet search can easily show; to see a video, search on youtube for "Toyota Camry sticky dashboard"). some 2008 model year Toyota Camry are beginning to show the same problem. Note that 2007 was the first year of the redesigned Camry model. Much older Camry are not showing this problem, thus it seems clear that Toyota switched to a different dashboard material starting with the 2007 model year, but only now is it becoming clear that the chosen material is inappropriate for the intended use. Toyota has known about this problem for months, yet no safety recall has been issued as of this writing.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Mar 102010

Camry Hybrid

2007 Toyota Camry and 2006 Toyota highlander. Consumer wanted to know if the vehicles were on the recall list.

- Unknown, DC, USA

Mar 302007

Camry Hybrid

Re: 2007 Toyota Camry hybrid: A rock passed through a manufactured hole in the grill, hit the radiator and put a hole in the radiator causing a hybrid system failure. Toyota asserts that this was a occurrence that had nothing to do with any design flaw, given that no other reports to this effect have been received. The radiator had to be replaced at a cost of $600. Fortunately, we were just minutes away from a Toyota dealership and were able to drive it over. We have ownership of the damaged radiator.

- Weset Chester, PA, USA