2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid:

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Comments

Dec 022014

Camry Hybrid

I have 2 complaints. 1) I was driving in local traffic when 5 warning lights appeared: Master warning light, brake warning light, electronically controlled brake warning, ABS, slip indicator. I was surprised but my brakes continued to work on the drive home & to the dealership the next day. The lights never went off (some other owners have reported the lights go on & off). I do not have cold weather conditions (50S in Dec). The dealership investigated & found it was consistent with the problem covered by the warranty enhancement program (pol14-04 or NHTSA 14001) for the brake actuator assembly & skid control ECU/brake pedal stroke sensor, & also an open recall on my car for a separate item with my brakes. My car symptoms were: When stopped at a light, the car would roll forward by inches unless I had my foot firmly depressed (knee locked); noises which sounded like air moving through tubing while braking; noises that sounded like a "pump" activating after my car had been turned off (up to 15 minutes). 2) Toyota has an open extended warranty (csc 10046281-9238) on the sun visor assembly & sun visor bracket including the 2009 Camry hybrid. My car has had this same problem for ~4 years: The driver's side sun visor will not fully go up & remain there. Most of the time it rests halfway down but from time to time it will come down with no warning. This blocks the driver's field of vision. What is frustrating is that I spoke to both the dealership & the Toyota customer service center who both agree my problem sounds exactly like the problem described in this extended warranty. However, the part number for my car (74320-33C11-B0) is not listed among the accepted parts number, and my VIN doesn't match the listed vins. I hope corporate Toyota will look into this and extend me the courtesy of repairing my sun visor! (dealer cost ~$250).

- Pearland, TX, USA

Nov 282011

Camry Hybrid

The dash on the Camry becomes very tacky and reflective, especially during warmer weather. Obscures vision through windshield due to glare and reflection. Also concerned of any toxic fumes which may be released due to this chemical reaction in an enclosed cabin of a vehicle.

- Irving, OK, USA

Jun 042013

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

My dashboard appears to be melting, it is sticky and causing an awful glare on the windshield which in turn restricts vision through the windshield, please help, Toyota says there is nothing they can do?

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Aug 062014

Camry Hybrid

Sun visor on the driver's side of the car no long stays up, consequently it blocks my vision when I don't want it to. Checked with my dealer and he said there is no active recall on this issue. Frankly, this defect is unsafe and unacceptable.

- Somerset, NJ, USA

Jun 012013

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

I was driving home on ca highway 80 West from work when suddenly, my driver side visor dropped down in front of my windshield. I am disappointed with this Toyota part because it has been an issue since I purchased this model in 2009. This visor does not seem to return to it's up position completely since 2009. Now, in 2013, this visor has completely failed to return to it's upright position and can obstruct my view when I drive. I wish Toyota would replace this visor since it is a "safety" issue when a part can obstruct the driver's side. I am also part of a carpool for my child and this will definitely be an issue when I drive several kids in my car.

- Napa, CA, USA