2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid:

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Comments

Apr 192015

Camry Hybrid

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Camry hybrid. While driving approximately 40 mph and attempting to engage the brakes, the brakes malfunctioned causing the vehicle to crash into the rear of a second vehicle. While depressing the brake pedal, the vehicle slowed down but did not respond normally. The air bags failed to deploy. No injuries were reported and a police report was not filed. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 71,350.

- Roswell , GA, USA

Jan 292014

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

I have noticed lately that when I depress my brake pedal, it starts to slow the car down, but suddenly disengages and I have to depress much harder. It's almost like the brakes let go. I know there is an issue with earlier models and their brakes, is it possible it would extend to 2012 Camry hybrids?

- Blackstone, MA, USA