CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Highlander's rear liftgate thinks it's open when it's closed and then once it's actually open, you might not be able to shut it again. Remember folks, if your liftgate is stuck open for more than 4 hours, consult your mechanic.

2010 Toyota Highlander fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Highlander:

2010 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Jan 192015

Highlander

I was backing out of a parking space at a taco bell when I noticed a car coming so I decided to stop and pull back into my parking space to let it pass. When I stepped on the brake my car suddenly accelerated in reverse and I stepped on the brake again, but my car continued to accelerate. I turned my car to avoid hitting the car and any other cars that may have been behind me. My car continued to accelerate and jumped a curb, crossed over a sidewalk and onto a lawn area behind taco bell. I stepped on the brake again trying to get my car to stop. I turned my wheels to keep from going into the drive up lane and finally got my car to stop.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA