CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

2007 Toyota Matrix seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Matrix:

2007 Toyota Matrix Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Oct 212016

Matrix

Takata recall: Toyota is essentially harassing me about getting this repair done, but the repair cannot be done because they cannot get the parts in. I have tentatively scheduled a repair after my third call to the recall line, but no one can guarantee the parts will be in by then, either. It took them 8 months to tell me the parts were "in" and I could schedule my repair, now they tell me the parts are not in and it's not safe to even drive my car if I haven't had the repair. How am I supposed to get to work" grocery store? are they going to give me a car to drive until they can find the parts that are needed for this recall" I feel like they are sending out these notices to satisfy their requirements, but they aren't actually meeting the requirements of getting these repairs done. And when I did call them, they had the nerve to ask me what had taken me so long to call. I don't know, maybe the fact it took you 8 months to get the parts led me to believe this wasn't an urgent matter. And clearly, based on the parts availability, it is not.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Oct 182016

Matrix

I have received a mailer from Toyota telling me to "call today" to 1-888-312-5994, for resolution to the takata airbag inflator recall. I have called numerous times but experience extremely long hold times, to the point where I eventually decide to try again sometime. This is very frustrating, as it does not seem that Toyota is committed enough to employ even basic staffing to help me set up an appointment to resolve the issue. I will keep trying.

- Lakewood, CA, USA

Aug 292016

Matrix

Takata recall. When I called to schedule (in the middle of this hot humid summer). I was told they had to order parts and it will take "months" before they can schedule me. They said they get 6 parts per dealer per week and that's it.

- Westerville, OH, USA

Jun 162015

Matrix

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Matrix. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cordova, TN, USA

Jan 272016

- Scotts Valley, CA, USA

Mar 312016

Matrix

Takata recall. I feel that Toyota has failed to remedy the defect within a reasonable time. I have been waiting over 3 months to have my air bag replaced. It is very disconcerting that we have been advised to replace the defect as soon as possible but we are unable to because the service centers do not have the product in stock.

- Kapolei, HI, USA

Apr 092016

Matrix

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Matrix. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Red Lion, PA, USA

Aug 052014

Matrix

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Corolla matrix. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Portland, OR, USA

Feb 182016

Matrix

I called wappingers falls dch Toyota service department about 2months ago. They said parts will be ordered and I will get a call back. I called again today(4/18). Now they are telling that there is no record of my previous call and the parts will be ordered. I am worried about the safety. Is there any thing you can help?

- Wappingers Falls, NY, USA

Apr 152015

Matrix

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Matrix. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Paducah, KY, USA

Jun 162015

Matrix

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Matrix. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Odenton, MD, USA

Sep 142015

Matrix

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Corolla matrix. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Aug 012015

Matrix

Toyota Matrix recall I had received a recall notice from Toyota about my vehicle model. The letter had mentioned that I was to soon be contacted about Toyota fixing the issue when the manufacturer received the parts. This notice came to me on August. I had contacted the dealership, in which I had bought my vehicle, to remind them that I have yet to be contacted about the recall issue. I was told that the manufacturer had yet to even inform them about the progress on the issue, but if anything, I would updated shortly. It has been about half a year, and I have yet to be contacted by Toyota.

- North Hollywood, CA, USA

Apr 282015

Matrix

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Corolla matrix. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. In addition, the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jul 052015

Matrix

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Matrix. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Lake Forest, CA, USA

Aug 102015

Matrix

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Corolla matrix. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Los Angeles, CO, USA

Aug 012015

Matrix

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Matrix. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jackson, MI, USA

Aug 032015

Matrix

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Corolla matrix. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Newington, CT, USA

Oct 182015

Matrix

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Matrix. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated and remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the drivers side air bag clock spring needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 250,000. Updated 02/05/16

- East Liverpool, OH, USA

Aug 132015

Matrix

Recall notice received early August, 2015. Made appointment with dealer when I was told, when brought int, airbag would be replaced in about 1 hour. After showing up for appointment, I was told part must be ordered, and new appointment would be necessary in about two weeks, and would be notified when part arrived. I was never contacted.

- Tampa, FL, USA