2007 Toyota Prius accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

2007 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Jul 042011

Prius

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Prius. The contact stated that the latch to open the trunk became melted and the trunk of the vehicle could not be opened. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable and the current mileage was 180,000. The VIN was not available.

- Desoto, KS, USA

May 152014

Prius

The rubber part to my trunk latch has melted almost completely! in warm weather it transfers to my hands. In winter in cold weather (below 50 degrees) I can't open the trunk at all. Now the surrounding part around my latch has loosen. I'm so frustrated that when I can actually get into my trunk my fingers are covered in tar.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Apr 022013

Prius 4-cyl

Trunk latch has become melted/sticky leaving a residue on hands during summer and frozen and non-working during colder months. This causes issues due to inability to access trunk for spare tire and safety equipment.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA