2007 Toyota Prius accessories - interior problems

2007 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Nov 102006

Two instances of runaway acceleration within the first month I owned my 2007 Prius (October - November 2006) poo pooed by the dealer. Said they knew nothing about any such problem. Googled it and it was all over the net even then. Still blaming it on the floor mats which they sold to me specifically for my car that were included in the purchase price. Glad this is now getting media attention.

- Godfrey , IL, USA

Feb 102010

This is not one incident, it happens whenever the road is slick (rain, or even sprinkler runoff!) or if I drive over a pothole--the power to the wheels is cut and the engine feels like it is going to stall. It is extremely difficult and nervewracking to drive while it is raining. The most dangerous times that this happens is when I am at a signal, making a right turn I need power to the engine to merge into traffic, and make sure that oncoming traffic is not interrupted. There have been times that I feel like my car won't "go" or hesitates when I need it to go! and if it's this bad in wet conditions, I would never even consider driving the Prius in snowy conditions. I have read that this is all due to a problem in the traction control system. Very unsafe!!

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jan 012009

My 2007 Prius has the exact brake failure described in the news reports of the past few days. When I approach a stop sign on a rough road and apply the brakes, there are no brakes for a brief interval. I have not had an accident but a few close calls. I think the investigation should be expanded to all model years, not just the 2010 Prius. I thought maybe it was just an ABS issue but I had another car with ABS and never had this interval of no brakes.

- Denver, CO, USA