2.1

2006 Toyota Sienna brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Sienna:

2006 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Jul 212010

Sienna

I was attempting to park my 2006 Toyota Sienna when suddenly the engine started to rev loudly & the car continued to move forward, even as I frantically applied the brakes. The car would not stop but my fast-thinking husband quickly put the car into neutral & then shut the car off. We drove to our Toyota dealer in vineland, NJ, where they performed diagnostic tests but couldn't find anything wrong. Their determination was that it must have been the floor mat pressing on the accelerator. I am sure that the mat was not the problem and that Toyota is attempting to cover up a problem with a car that is not already on their recall list.

- Pittsgrove, NJ, USA

Jan 012010

Sienna

Faulty brake mechanism. Toyota Sienna limited 2wd with disc brakes front and back. When stopped brakes must be continually depressed further as time goes on to keep vehicle from moving forward. Also loses braking power on downhill.

- Highland, IL, USA