2006 Toyota Sienna brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Sienna:

2006 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Sep 122008

Toyota Sienna 2006 braking problem caused self collision. On dry weather. Vehicle lost braking and I hit near by hilly land on turn. Vehicle showed braking problem on wet weather, rain and snow and vehicle looses the braking and related ABS and vsc failure. Brake pedal goes down and clicks and brake stops working. My wife no longer trust this van and everybody is afraid to drive with me in it.

- Hummelstown, PA, USA

Sep 202008

2006 Toyota Sienna le with bz package (vsa) - safety issue (electronics): Vehicle stability control system (vsa) is unsafe during road slippery conditions if cruise control is used. The slippery condition could be rainy day or snowing or icy road conditions. The incident occurred several time. The first time I noticed the issue is around September of 2008. It was heavy rain, I was driving on a highway with normal speed. The van was set to cruise at 65 mph. I ran over a small pot of water on the road. One of the tire probably slipped for a brief milli-second. The vsa control kicked in (I can see the vsa light flashes), the van was then running from side to side and the RPM suddenly jump up (violently). The van was difficult to control. I tap the brake to disengage the cruise control. Then the van went back to normal. 2nd incident, about December of 2008, I was driving on the highway with light snow. The van was cruising at 55 mph. The van passed a slippery spot. The vsa kicked in and caused violent left and right movement of the van as well as sudden acceleration. The incident almost caused an accident. Since then, I stopped using cruise control on the rainy or snowy days. But if anyone out there with Toyota minivan, I would like them to know it is a serious potential problem. I took my van to be checked out at the Toyota dealership. They said could not find the problem and it is normal as is.

- Canton, MA, USA