2006 Toyota Sienna electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Sienna:

2006 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

May 012010

Sienna

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sienna. While driving at approximate speeds of 40 mph, the automotive skid control activated without warrant and would cause the vehicle to drive as if in neutral. When the failure would occur, all warning lights would illuminate on the dashboard. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing yet the dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not contacted. The failure and current mileages were 72,000.

- Hot Springs, VA, USA

May 142007

Sienna

2006 Toyota Sienna has several electrical problems. I have been taking my car to the dealership over six times to repair but it is the same thing. Check engine light comes on and I loose power on the freeway and I pull over and turn off the car and restart it and it works again. I had faulty sliding door and faulty airbag. I still have check engine light come on and power issues that Toyota that was covered under warranty and I have extended warranty but now they do not want to service my car anymore. They say I don't have warranty anymore.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Feb 212010

Sienna

Toyota Sienna le 2006 - tank 3/4 of the way full. 1/2 mile from our home, every light came on the dash board and we were unable to accelerate. The van began bucking - RPM's went from1 - 4 and back again. We were able to turn around and limp back home. Later that day, the van operated normally and the problem has not occurred again. Since we could not duplicate it, we did not take it to the dealer.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Oct 242005

Sienna 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sienna. The driver stated that while driving 10 mph in an attempt to increase speed, the vehicle began to hesitate and surge. The dealer stated that there was nothing they could do to assist him since the failure was electrical which was also a normal function of the vehicle. The failure mileage was 10 and the current mileage was 75,000. The consumer stated when slowing down between 5- 10 mph and then speeding back up again, the van would hesitate and then surge forward to the point of jerking the consumers neck. The vehicle would slow down once the accelerator was released. Also, the drivers side door was exhibiting a popping/scrapping noise when it was being opened or closed. The consumer took the vehicle to the dealer and was informed there was a recall regarding the thinness of metal which allowed the cracking of the metal where the door stop was attached to the door. Updated 04/21/10

- Loranger, LA, USA

Aug 082007

Sienna

The electric outlet does not work and if you try to charge your phone it blows the fuse. I have had 2 cases opened up with Toyota and 3 dealers tell me that they know about the problem but there is no fix. Problem has been on going since 6 months after I bought it new.

- Endwell, NY, USA

Feb 142009

Sienna

I am with a family of four head to reno. I have four year and three year old son. We stop by the gas station to pick up some food and drink. After we open the sliding door on right side of the van and try to close when we get out. It's wouldn't close, no matter what we try. It's was raining too. I have a minivan Sienna 2006 xle. We know we have to cancel the trip. I will never forget those moment, I have to drive home with an open door on the right side of the van. I have to drive very slow speed around 25 - 35mph because we can't close it door. It was noisy, windy and wet, my kids were crying and scared. I am scare myself. I contact the capital dealer when we got home and of cause cancel the hotel.. everything. I drove to the dealer again without the kids and wife. Here is the prices detail. Sliding motor & clutch $1232.92 (85620-08042), hinge assy. $125.33(68380-08031), 5 hrs labor, $131 for diagnose(find the problem), total is $2144.28. This is my third time shock. I tell myself, never buy expensive car again, "stay a way from automatic and manual is the best choices". just want to share this story to everyone. Hope this help to some people and sorry for my english not that good.

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 102007

Sienna 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sienna. While driving downhill at various speeds, the contact has to apply the brakes. The transmission downshifts and fails to reshift into the correct gear. The dealer stated that the electronic control was the failure. The current mileage was 31,000 and failure mileage was 21,000. Updated 03/06/08. The consumer was not informed the vehicle had power assist brakes. The consumer stated when he slammed on the brakes, a more powerful braking would be applied. At that point, the consumer would hear a sound in the engine compartment and feel vibrations of the brake pedal.

- Blairsville, GA, USA

May 202006

Sienna 6-cyl

: the contact stated while parked and activating the ignition switch, an arching came off and burned the ear piece of a cell phone traumatizing the contact's ear. No warning signal was present during the numerous incidents. The spark could be heard and seen every time there was an occurrence. The vehicle was taken to the dealership who checked all electrical grounding but no defects were found. The manufacturer was notified. Updated 10/11/06.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Jul 042006

Sienna 6-cyl

The lcd display on the cd/radio gets garbled whenever the vehicle is idling and the A/C is set to max. All occurrences where when the vehicle was idling and no amount of turning it off and on would rectify the issue. However, if the vehicle were switched off and on the lcd would go back to normal.

- Hatfield, PA, USA