2006 Toyota Sienna miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Sienna:

2006 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 102011

Sienna

Both of my manual sliding doors on this vehicle will not open from either the inside or outside. I went to Toyota of on 9/10/11 with the passenger side not opening-this has been an ongoing problem for years. They denied being able to fix it on a goodwill policy despite the chronic problems. By the time I returned home from the dealership, the driver's side sliding door no longer opens. Now I have to Transport 6 children in my van and both sliding doors won't open. They have to enter/exit from the front seat/rear hatch-major safety issue. The dealership wants $650 per door to fix the problem-$ I don't have. I am furious and frustrated-will never buy Toyota again-we didn't opt for the electric door so that we would avoid door problems-now what?

- Beacon, NY, USA

Dec 142010

Sienna

Power sliding door fails to close - manual override would not work. Wife and 4 children trapped in the dark and cold winter weather with an open door - not safe to move the vehicle. Father came to rescue and after repeated forceful attempts, the door closed. There are numerous recalls on this vehicle for missing labels - how about a recall on something really serious. The door is completely unreliable - cost to fix $1500+. this not an isolated incident. www.carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Sienna/2006/accessories-exterior/power_sliding_door_wont_close.shtml www.carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Sienna/2006/accessories-exterior/sliding_doors_don'T_open.shtml

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 112010

Sienna

Our insured was pulling into parking space when vehicle suddenly accellerated striking a walgreens drug store. Our insured driver was treated and release at a local hospital. The vehicle was deemed a total loss and is currently being held for further inspection and download of the data recorder.

- Canton, OH, USA

Feb 022010

Sienna

I have a 2006 Toyota Sienna, while driving I have noticed on numerous (5 or 6) that the car will surge forward without pressure on the gas. I am not on cruise control when this happen, it has happened on the freeway and when I am coming out of a turn. I am very concerned. I have also had battery problems with the vehicle. The car battery would die after a door was left open for 5 minutes. After numerous visits to the service center without being able to repeat the situation, and numerous bills since it was never a "problem" they finally were able to repeat it and fix the battery. Now this accelerator issue is much more scary for me. I have 3 children that I drive every day in the vehicle and I need to feel safe. The incident date I used below was the most recent however I first noticed this 2 years ago.

- Solana Beach, CA, USA