2006 Toyota Sienna seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Sienna:

2006 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 13 of 13)

Feb 082010

02-08-2010 under bad snowing weather condition I found that air bags warning light is flashing on dashboard in my Toyota Sienna ce 2006. 02-10-2010 I was in koons tysons Toyota service center 8610 leesburg pike, vienna, va 22182 I got diagnostics report: ┐fault code# B0111┐ and I was "advised that right seat (side) airbag needs replacement $945.50". but it seems to me that diagnostics wasn't done carefully. My vehicle was in outdoor condition under snowing storm. Service center hasn't checked engine, transmission, electric, lights┐ (there are no records about engine, transmission, electric, lights┐. in the report). I know that left tail light doesn't work in my vehicle, but I don┐T see that this issue is mentioned in the diagnostics report. It looks like that service center has checked error code only. So I can't trust this diagnostics report.

- Herndon, VA, USA

Sep 202009

I own a 2006 Toyota Sienna and soon as I got it, the airbag light came on. I took it to he dealer immediately and it was repaired but they never gave an explanation as to what caused that to happen. But it is happening again. The light is constantly on and it distracts me when I am driving and am very concerned about the safety of my passengers because I don't know if airbags will deploy in case of an accident. I need help in figuring out what to do and where to take my car.

- Azusa, CA, USA

Mar 142009

On March 14, 2009 my husband hit a tree head on with the van while trying to avoid a deer. The airbag did not deploy. He hit his head on the steering wheel and broke a bone in his hand. The airbag tried to deploy but failed. Part of the section on the steering wheel in front of the airbag separated but the bag did not inflate.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Jun 172007

Sienna 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sienna. While driving approximately 35 mph, with a 200 pound man seated in the passenger seat, the air bag light flashed on three separate occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer each time. During the third visit, the passenger side air bag was replaced. The VIN was unknown. The current mileage was 27,000 and failure mileage was 13,500. Updated 07/29/08 updated 08/07/0

- Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA

Nov 302007

Sienna 6-cyl

I bought a 2006 Sienna 10/30/2005. July 2, 2006 air bag light was on, making the airbag not working. 3 times had to bring car back, they fixed with garbage tie told by advisor. Now I have a problem with the same thing and all I get is a run around, and I am told it's not under warranty. How can a 2 year car with apparently an electrical problem not be covered" on a safety issue" wouldn't it be considered a shop comeback, since the dealership tried fixing it 3 times prior, and I was told to go back there, and not treated any better than in the past. Toyota motor co. Called up before I got there, and after waiting to be acknowledged, then waiting an additional hour, they hadn't even looked at it. I am a realtor. I do not get paid if I am not working.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Apr 012006

Sienna 6-cyl

Toyota Sienna 2006 purchased March 06. Airbag light on 1st time April 06 then intermittently light would flash for month. First appointment May 2, 2006 regarding airbag light. Light went off no diagnosis made. Airbag light on and off in may, June, July, appointment on August 2, 2006 diagnosed problem as passenger side seatbelt. August 23, 2006 seatbelt replaced, tires rotated. Tire light on while driving home appointment scheduled to turn it off. Airbag light on again van diagnosed September 2006 bad passenger side airbag in the seat, new seat ordered. October 27, 2006 passenger side seat replaced. Seat replaced with wrong year Sienna and wrong color. Got a rental Sienna until the next day. Picked up my Sienna with the old defective seat put back until another seat ordered. December 1, 2006 the correct seat installed. December 18, 2006 airbag light on again, appointment made December 28, to be diagnosed. January 25, 2007 van had bad center airbag sensor. Appointment made March 2, 2007. Sensor replaced March 12, 2007. April 3, 2007 tried to diagnose why the airbag light was on yet again but dealership did not have the time. April 11, 2007 given rental Sienna wires in the floor were replaced except for one ordered, "in case the light came on again". today, April 25, 2007 the airbag light is not on but I have serious questions about whether the airbags will work when and if needed and if the problem(s) were truly fixed.

- Little River, SC, USA

Jul 142006

Sienna 6-cyl

In July 2006, about two weeks after purchasing our new 2006 Toyota Sienna, the airbag off light came on. Before we could take it for service someone broke into our mini van and it was in the shop for a month being repaired. The light came on again about a month later, but the dealer, balise Toyota in West springfield, MA, reset it during an oil change. In mid October, my wife was broadsided in her door by a Honda civic. None of the airbags, including the side curtain airbags deployed. The mini van was in the shop for another month, and the dealer again reset the light, which had come on, apparently during the crash. Since October the van has been serviced five or six times for this problem. The dealer's service manager told us in January that Toyota in compliance with federal regulations, designed the airbags to permanently turn off if a heavy person rode in the car. The dealership refused to turn the airbags back on again, and claimed that there was no fix for this because it was intentional. Other dealers want to charge us for this, even though it should be under warranty. Last week, a person at moore of Toyota customer care told me that the company's official position was that the airbags were not broken, but rather that my wife and I did not deserve the protection because of our weight. They claimed that they might be willing to buy the vehicle back, but I didn't want them to buy it back. I just want the mini van to work the way it supposed to without having to reset the computer every week. Besides, if they were telling the truth about this being a federal law, there were no cars in America that were safe for us to drive. I could not even get my brand new mini van inspected this year because an airbag light was grounded for disqualification. Toyota knowingly sold me an unsafe vehicle, one that was designed to be unsafe for 30% of people oh, and now the windshield cracked by the rearview mirror.

- Greenfield, MA, USA

Oct 072006

Sienna 6-cyl

Air bag light on occasionally. Dealer found fault code but could not locate the cause of problem.

- Brentwood, TN, USA