2007 Toyota Sienna engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Sienna:

2007 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 142013

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that while having the oil changed, the mechanic stated that the vvti oil pressure line was leaking. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the oil pressure line needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Rochelle Park , NJ, USA

Jul 282013

Sienna 6-cyl

The oil cooling line suddenly ruputured with no previous warnings or leaks.

- Westborough, MA, USA

Jul 012013

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to accelerate. The contact noticed there was a trail of oil behind the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic, who stated that there was a crack in the oil sensor tube. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure was reported to the manufacturer. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 110,000.

- Kearney , NE, USA

Nov 052012

Sienna 6-cyl

After a short trip, 5 miles, I was backing into my driveway when I noticed some fluids on the cement. I checked the liquid and was not sure if it was coolant or transmission fluids so I called my mechanic and he recommended that I should have it towed turns out that the problem was that a connector at the bottom of the radiator cracked and was mixing the coolant with the transmission fluid, it appears that a defective fitting was the problem. It cost me $977.3 to replace the radiator and flush the transmission. My mechanic said if I would have continued driving with these 2 fluids mixing I would have damaged the transmission beyond repair for a bill of $3,000. More if this is a common problem on these cars people should at least be notified what to watch for or better yet repaired by the company.

- Mentor, OH, USA

Nov 192012

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for unrelated repairs when the mechanic stated that the motor mount bracket was fractured and would have to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 48,000.

- Jamestown, NC, USA

Jun 252012

Driving on the freeway @ 85mph when the check engine light came on. Promptly, I pulled the Toyota manual which said could be faulty gas cap and may go off with consecutive drives once fixed or if it stays on after to go to dealer. The car was running fine so I headed to my exit to pull over. Shortly, thereafter a horrible diesel engine grinding noise. I had just had my tires rotated (replaced just one month prior) that weekend and the oil changed the weekend before. As I was about to pull over the engine oil light flashed. When I pulled over I immediately checked the oil stick dry we had been given the run around about the part by mossy Nissan that the part was on backorder and was part of the recall. The vehicle was later towed to Toyota of poway and for $500+ to inspect and replace this hose(not part of recall) wanted another $3000 to tear down the engine and the addl charges to fix I have religiously had my oil changed and have always had my Toyota certified mechanic work on my car. I contacted Toyota consumer service for assistance in fixing the problems they indicated they would not help since the hoses were not part of the recall. The hoses are 2 rubber hoses that have clamps leading to a triangular metal piece. The hole was not in a location that something could have pierced according to my independent mechanic who tried to get the part from the first dealer....which leads to the fact that these are faulty hoses that deteriorated. Toyota has offered a goodwill payment of $750 towards a new or used certified Toyota car. But that is at a 20% interest rate. It is my hope that others will see this and get this fixed before they end up like me single mom of 4 without a car working 5 days a week 150 miles from my babies and can't even go home to see them till the weekend. A big thank you Toyota. I have paid $800 out of pocket.

- San Jacinto, CA, USA