2007 Toyota Sienna engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Sienna:

2007 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 112007

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that immediately after starting the vehicle the rpms increased excessively and she smelled gasoline. The vehicle also began to accelerate while driving up a hill without engaging the pedal. The fuel tank does not hold the fuel capacity that was listed. The failure has occurred intermittently since the vehicle was purchased. The vehicle has a habit of lunging forward on it's own within minutes after it was turned on. The failure mileage was 14000.

- Eureka, CA, USA

Sep 122007

The contact has a 2007 Toyota Sienna. The contact states that the vehicle is idling extremey high. The vehicle will pull off very fast from the light and will accelerate even on a hill. The contact feels this may become a safety hazard. The contact stated that the vehicle seems to be pulling away even when the brake is pressed. The failure mileage was 500 and the current mileage was 14959.

- Eureca, CA, USA

Oct 172009

On October 17th, 2009, while pulling into the parking lot of mcdonald's, my van sudden accelerated as I entered the parking space, the motor was roaring. I would have been turning into my space, my foot would have been over the brake and I may have started to press the brake. When the vehicle surged forward, thinking my foot was on the gas, I immediately moved it further to the left and pressed the brake to the floor. I remember thinking this thing isn't slowing down one bit nor was it stopping, it felt possessed. It slammed into a heavy duty van, rocking it hard and doing considerable damage to our van. I did tell the officer at the scene that I must have had my foot on the gas, it was the only thing that made logical sense to me at the time. In replaying the events in my mind, I was sure my foot was over the brake, and that I didn't press anything hard until after the vehicle accelerated, after I moved my foot further to the left. I have since amended my report with the officer at the scene and my insurance company. The front-end damage on the van has been repaired. On November 17th a technical specialist from Toyota went over the van. They released the van back to us without telling us anything. My past history will show I am a safe driver and I do not panic easily.

- Russell, PA, USA

Dec 102008

Sienna 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Sienna. When placing the vehicle into drive, the contact experienced uncontrolled acceleration. The vehicle accelerated forward and crashed into a concrete wall. There were no warning indicators prior to the failure. The contact injured her knees and a police report was filed. The vehicle was inspected by an insurance adjuster, but it could not be determined why the vehicle failed. The contact called the manufacturer and was informed that there were no defects with the vehicle; therefore, no compensation would be made. The vehicle was destroyed. The failure mileage was 50,000. Updated 3/9/09 updated 03/12/09. 8jb

- Jefferson, OR, USA

Mar 122008

Sienna 6-cyl

This memo was sent via email on the Toyota website over a week ago and have not received a response from them. I believe the issue is very serious and potentially life threatening. It is regards to a 2007 Toyota Sienna that I own. At least five times in the last 3 months I have experienced a very serious episode with my Sienna. While my foot is depressing the brake pedal and after coming to a full stop, the engine would begin to accelerate very rapidly. I need to push down very hard on the brake pedal in order not to lurch forward. I have been fortunate that I have not hit anything. What should I do. Because the problem only seems to occur randomly once in a while, a mechanic would not see anything wrong. Thank you jerry greenwald

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Nov 152007

Sienna 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Sienna. While driving 10 mph, the vehicle would slow down and then accelerate without warning when the brake pedal was depressed. The dealer was unable to diagnose the cause of the failure. The current and failure mileages were 3,700.

- North Babylon, NY, USA