2011 Toyota Sienna wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Sienna:

2011 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 012013

We purchased this vehicle in February 2011. It came with free Toyota maintenance for the first 2 years and has been brought in for every scheduled maintenance, most recently the 25,000 mile service at 26,000, so the tires have regularly been rotated and inspected by the dealership. Two years and less than 27,000 miles after purchasing the vehicle, I noticed that it was not handling well in snow despite being an AWD. To our surprise, the tires were worn. I brought it to a tire shop hoping for just an alignment and were told the tires were not safe to drive on. Therefore, I just had to replace all 4 tires ahead of schedule. Very dangerous as most people don't even consider the need for new tires at this point in their vehicle ownership. And even more dangerous as coming up with the $1,000 every two years is/will be difficult if not impossible. The replacement tires are the same as due to the unique tire size, there are no other run flat options on the market, Bridgestone turanza EL400-02 rft.

- Manchester, NH, USA

Oct 012012

Sienna 6-cyl

Told during my service at 15000K by Toyota technician that I would need to replace all 4 tires on my 2011 Toyota Sienna. I asked how was it possible a brand new leased vehicle with 15000K miles would need new tires and I was told that I could make it to 20000K but need new ones. The technician could not tell me why the tires were failing. After researching this issue and speaking with other Toyota Sienna owners it appears to be a big problem with the tires placed on Sienna minivans. It also appears that Toyota is blaming the tire company and the tire company is blaming Toyota. Of course the poor consumer gets stuck in the middle. A recall should be done as soon as possible as tire safety is very important.

- Millville, MA, USA