2004 Toyota Tacoma suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Tacoma:

2004 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Oct 172016

Tacoma 3.4L

My mechanic, while fixing my brakes, noticed the severe rust / rotted frame. He had me look at it and said it was dangerous to drive. So within the next business day I took my 2004 Toyota Tacoma to DCH Toyota City in Mamaroneck NY 10543. They inspected the frame and the technician states this vehicle is unsafe. The rusted / rotted condition of the frame is excessive and beyond repair. They gave me a corporate phone # and both the dealership and corporate Toyota office said they couldn't do anything for me. I am looking for a solution and they do not want to do the right thing. I will continue to look for a solution. I will contact The Better Business Bureau tomorrow and see if they can help.

- , Mamaroneck, NY, USA

Jan 082015

Tacoma 4 cyl

I own a 2004 Toyota Tacoma bought it 2006 with 10,000 miles. I never had a problem with it. I was involved in a accident this month and the frame was slightly bent. When the body shop went to pull the frame about a inch and a half they saw how badly rusted it was and refused to pull it. This is the second truck that this has happened to me. Toyota bought my 1997 Tacoma. I was assured it was corrected. Two years ago I asked a dealer to check the frame and was told it looked good. Toyota did nothing ! My insurance company had to total a car that had minor damage. I have owned ten Toyota's in 35 years with kids cars and cars for wife and I. After this and problems with my 2001 highlander I am done with Toyota.

- , Columbus, OH, USA