2.2

2006 Toyota Tacoma body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Tacoma:

2006 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jan 312012

Tacoma

I have an 06 Tacoma pre-runner, which I have noticed to have some excessive rust on the frame. After having some work done on my truck, my mechanic asked if there has been a recall on this truck for the frame rusting, because it should not be this bad. After researching, I have found that they had recalled earlier models for the same problem. So what about the newer models? now I am concerned about the safety of the frame.

- Mentor, OH, USA

Apr 242012

Tacoma

Around the end of April my Tacoma started making a horrible noise whenever I backed up. After some searching around I found my fan was rubbing on its cover. Next I looked into why on some forums, so after some research I discovered its do too a broken motor mount. I got under my truck and true to behold my motor mount had collapsed into the frame. This is a well known issue with 05-06 Tacoma's yet Toyota wont do anything. They say im 100,000 miles out of warranty. To make it worse Toyota is well aware of the matter because all 07 and newer Tacoma's have extra support plate welded on the frame to prevent collapse.

- Monument, CO, USA

Apr 032012

Tacoma

The frame at the rf motor mount broke and the engine dropped so that the fan is hitting the shroud of the radiator, there seems to be a weakness in the weld location that the manufacturer changed on the 2007 frame in this location of the motor mount area. The dealer/manufacturer Toyota is not warranting this defect, there are a lot of complaints on the internet, I hope they also filed with the NHTSA.

- Los Gatos, CA, USA

Sep 132011

Tacoma 4WD 4-cyl

The frame and most of the mechanical components attached to the frame on my 2006 Toyota Tacoma pick up are rusting very rapidly, it has approx. 45,000 miles on it. At the rate it is rusting I feel it is going to be a safety issue down the road with the frame cracking or a mechanical problem.

- Rye Brook, NY, USA

Jun 012008

Tacoma 4WD 6-cyl

The vehicle frame and included tow hitch and misc areas of the undercarriage are extremely rusted to the point of cracking and flaking metal. Also of a less serious concern, the alloy rims are heavily corroded, both conditions were noticed within two years of ownership. I am the original and sole vehicle owner. I will be mailing pictures along with a hard copy of this form to the address below. Updated 02/01/12 updated 04/18/12

- Dingmans Ferry, PA, USA

Nov 202009

Tacoma 6-cyl

In 09 noticed my 3year old trucks frame was rusting on the frame. Rust was to the point that frame was swelling and flakes of metal were falling off to the touch. Took truck to dealer where it was inspected. They said there was nothing they could do and recommended sanding rustproofing and paint. Despite taking action against rust frame has continued to corrode in other locations such as welds where shocks are connected to frame. Concerned frame will eventually fail.

- Hilo, HI, USA

Oct 162009

Tacoma 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Tacoma. The contact noticed an excessive amount of rust on the frame and contacted the manufacturer. The manufacturer advised him to take the vehicle to an authorized dealer. The dealer stated that they would keep an eye on the rust yet the contact stated that the rust became progressively worse. No repairs were performed. The current mileage was approximately 32,900 and the failure mileage was approximately 23,400. Updated 07/08/11 the consumer stated the frame began to rust within three years of purchase. Updated 09/19/11

- Westford, MA, USA