CarComplaints.com Notes: You're going to burn through a lot of dinosaurs while chugging around town, and any rear passengers you may have to carry are going to feel real cramped, but at the end of the day this is a solid truck.

8.0

1. replace hoses (1 reports)
2004 Toyota Tundra steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Tundra:

2004 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Aug 012011

Tundra Limited Double Cab 4.7L/285

I have driven Toyotas since I paid for my own vehicles (32 years) because of their reliability. When this truck was 2 years old the coating on the mag wheels started peeling off. I drive this vehicle about 6,000 miles a year. The top of the engine has to come off to replace it - it is inside the engine! When my trusted mechanic told me that I thought he was joking! No joke. Now the power steering hoses hoses have to be replaced at 39,400 miles for a little over $700. So much for Toyota reliability and my loyalty.

- , Fargo, ND, USA