2005 Toyota Tundra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Tundra:

2005 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Aug 152015

Tundra

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Stockton , CA, USA

Aug 032015

Tundra

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received a recall notification for the air bags; however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The NHTSA campaign number was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Rescue, CA, USA

Sep 042015

Tundra

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) however the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Aug 312015

Tundra

There has been no incident at this time, but my concern is that I have been driving around in this unsafe vehicle for the last 6 years, endangering the lives of my wife, friends, and business associates while you guys were busy litigating this decision which should have been made as soon as they knew of the defect, not 3 or 4 or 5 years later. This is completely unacceptable, as is this ridiculous "remedy" and recommendation that we have nobody ride in the front seat. I use my truck for my 2 businesses that I run and I have people that ride in the front seat every day because the back seat is full of my tools. I don't understand why, after knowing about this problem for as long as Toyota has known, that they still don't have the parts to immediately get these vehicles fixed. My wife and I have been Toyota owners for many years, but we will never buy one again if this is the way they treat their customers.

- Eureka, CA, USA

Aug 032015

Tundra

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) was received in August of 2015. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Otego, NY, USA

Jun 012015

Tundra

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the recall part needed was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Oak Creek, CO, USA

Aug 172015

Tundra

I just received a notice from Toyota that stated they were just now confirming that the passenger side air bags on my Tundra need to be replaced due to possible defects. Unfortunately that truck is now in my daughters possession in middle Tennessee where she's attending college. Toyota knew about the possibility of these defective air bags over a year ago and now they're just beginning to send out notices" to make matters worse is when I called their hotline I was told that they don't have the parts in yet to fix the issue! that a second notice will come out to advise us when it can be taking to a dealership to get fixed. I'm gravely concerned because as you may already know Tennessee is a very humid state in the summer and the letter states that humidity may be a factor. How can this fix be expedited" I tried to keep up with all the recalls and the truck is in excellent condition, I just think that Toyota is trying to cover their rear ends by sending this letter out without any tentative date for a resolution. Please help us consumers...

- Whittier, CA, USA

Aug 172015

Tundra

On 8/17/15 received notice of a recall on passenger air bag. Per letter, I will be contacted when parts are available to fix the problem. In the interim, per Toyota, passengers are recommended not to use the front seat. If I cannot have the full use of my vehicle, due to a manufacturing issue, then Toyota should be supplying a similar vehicle until they can rectify the problem. In many instances I cannot refrain from using the passenger seat. I feel that they will be using this as an escape goat, so that they are not legally liable in case of issues or future incidence that may occur. In the meantime no can tell me when parts will be available to fix the problem. The dealers have no ideas as to when parts will be available. This is a major issue and Toyota should be forced to have time schedules as to when parts and repairs will be performed.

- Wynantskill, NY, USA

Aug 102015

Tundra

Per an urgent safety recall notice I contacted a local dealer. Fred anderson of charleston, SC. The dealership informed me that the parts necesary to remedy this recall are on indefinite back order. They referred me to toyaota at 1-800-331-4331 and that there is no expected date to get parts to remedy this recall. I contacted the suggested 1-800 number and was told that the customer relations manager was to call me back within 2 business days to get an answer on a recall remedy. It's been 5 business days adn no retruned call from anyone at Toyota. Meanwhile, the recal notice infoms me taht noone should ride iin the passenger seat until remedied. I have a vehicle taht Toyota has deemed unsafe for passengers, but htey cannot keep commitments on phone calls nor can they tell me when the recall will be remedied.

- Charleston, SC, USA

Jun 162015

Tundra

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number:15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer had not been notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- North Grafton, MA, USA

Jul 242015

Tundra

Their has not been an incident yet, I am just trying to avoid a bad situation, but not getting any help from Toyota's end. I have brought in my Tundra multiple times to get the airbags checked out and they always said their was no problem. Then now I receive a recall letter in the mail and immediately call and setup an appointment because I am fixing to leave town for a new job. We set one up for July 30th and then a few days later I get a call and they cancelled the appointment because they don't have the airbag parts. I leave town this weekend, the 1st, in the Tundra with the recall and will be driving around Texas doing commercial construction work. I am trying to work with the dealership to get things done but the manager, jeff, just pretty much said ol well we can't do anything for you. He never offered a rental or any other alternative to them not having the parts. I got a call from megan at the corpus dealership and she has been more than helpful trying to figure out a solution or some alternative so I am not driving around in a deathtrap for the next 6 months. Your rental policy won't work very well considering I work 6-7 days a week and won't be near a dealership so I might not be able to just leave my new job to come switch vehicles with you. The inconvenience should be on the dealership/manufacturer, not the individual who paid for the vehicle. I hope to see some better customer service from Toyota, but I guess if something happens while I have to drive the Tundra around. I will just join the lawsuit

- Portland, TX, USA

Jul 232014

Tundra

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. While driving at approximately 60 mph, the steering wheel seized and the vehicle veered to the right. The vehicle went off the road and crashed into a tree. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was taken to the contact's residence where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 86,000.

- Liberty , SC, USA

May 132015

Tundra

Safety recall notice received on this vehicle in may, 2015 for defective airbag. I called the eastern shore Toyota dealership, daphne, al and spoke to service tech. Benjamin. Benjamin said Toyota is not manufacturing the parts for the recalled airbags so the airbag can not be repaired at this time. Benjamin said the parts manufacturer will not make parts until September 2015. This is a dangerous situation. The dealership refused to make the repair as stated in the safety recall notice I received in the mail. The recall notice specifically states to not drive the vehicle due to the problems with the humidity and airbag deployment causing serious injury or potential death to anybody in the passenger seat of the vehicle. The manufacturer of the part is taking so much time to send the parts to make repairs.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Jul 202015

Tundra 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated that the notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) was received in July of 2015. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure. MA 09/25 the vehicle was repaired. Updated 10/06/15

- Cusseta, AL, USA

Jul 172015

Tundra

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) however, the part was unavailable to perform the repair. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Mar 022015

Tundra

Unable to get Toyota air bag recall fixed.. I called & have schedule 2 times( past months), and this morning, to check status on appointment.Toyota, did not have records of an appointment.scheduled appointment lost! tried to get my Tundra into dealer this morning.... they said that.they would call me back, ... is that something to be concerned??

- Keaau, HI, USA

Oct 202014

Tundra 8-cyl

I received a recall for airbag actuators in the right front. I took my vehicle to treasure coast Toyota on November 5,2014 at which time they disabled the air bag system and told me that the parts would be in and repairs would be done within 2 weeks.it is now March 6th 2015 and I`M still waiting for this to be resolved. It is my understanding from the dealership that the parts are on indefinite back order!!! I was told by the customer service rep on or around Feb. 27th 2015 that the parts for my 2005 vehicle were the only ones on back order. I would like to have this problem fixed.

- Stuart, FL, USA

Oct 292014

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number 14V350000 (air bag) was received in October 2014. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the front passenger side air bag was deactivated. After contacting both the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the part needed to perform the recall remedy was still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact did not experience a failure...updated 03-16-15 the consumer stated the air bag was repaired. Updated 03/17/15

- Richmond, TX, USA

Oct 242014

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V350000 (air bags) however, the part needed to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 1/21/15 updated 01/26/15

- Dade City, FL, USA

Nov 142014

Tundra

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V350000 (air bags). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Semmes, AL, USA