2009 Toyota Venza miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Venza:

2009 Toyota Venza Owner Comments

Aug 012016

My sun visor on the driver side would not stay in place and when I applied a little pressure the visor broke around the hole where it connects to the roof piece. I was driving. Then it would hang in my face and I could not see well. At stop signs I was trying to remove it but the fabric around it prevented that. I was finally able to remove it and currently have no visor on the driver side now.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jul 182016

While trying to brake, my car accelerated and I almost hit the cars infront of me. I was getting off the highway to the rotary and there was cars stopped in front of me and I tried to brake and the car accelerated instead.

- West Springfield, MA, USA

Jul 092015

While unloading items from the rear of the Venza, the left side lift mechanism of the tail gate which was up in the automatic lift top position broke off and the door fell on my head injuring my skull. Terrible headache afterwards. The automatic function of the lift up or down no longer works. Updated 10/9/15

- Denver, CO, USA

Jul 052015

The drain hose for the air conditioning condenser may become clogged causing water to accumulate at the bottom of the air conditioning condenser unit housing. The accumulated water may then leak through a seam in the housing onto the air bag control module potentially resulting in a short circuit of the module.

- Piscataway, NJ, USA

Apr 152014

Venza 4-cyl

Our 2009 Venza has had 3 speed sensor failures in the last year. Good thing we had an extended warranty, but what happens when that expires in about 10,000 miles? when I asked Toyota this question, they said to call back when another when broke. I'm sure that won't be long. In my opinion, Toyota has sold a product with a defective part and doesn't really care. This was our first Toyota and last Toyota purchase.

- Naperville, IL, USA

Dec 072014

I was pulling up to a drive thru window at a fast food restaurant when the vehicle just surged forward I tried to engage the brakes. I hit and damaged two cars in the parking lot before I could bring it to a stop. This was the second time the car had done this but the other time no other cars was involved.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Jan 102013

I noticed my Toyota Venza's roof molding strip was loose during a car wash. I put it back; however, one week later the roof molding strip was gone. I went to dealer, and was told my car was no longer under warranty, even the mileage still under 36000 miles. Then I searched on the internet and found that many people had the same problems. I believe Toyota should make a recall for this manufacturing defect before accidents happen.

- Manlius, NY, USA

Jun 082010

Venza 4-cyl

2009 Toyota Venza. Consumer expresses concern for unintended acceleration issues in Toyota vehicles the consumer stated she is afraid to drive the vehicle because of all the incidents of sudden acceleration. The consumer stated the vehicle has been on the recall list for over three months and nothing has bee done to rectify the problem.

- Corvallis, OR, USA