3.0

2011 Toyota Venza steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Venza:

2011 Toyota Venza Owner Comments

Sep 282016

Venza

While I was trying to turn into the driveway of a relative apartment, the steering wheel got really tight and eventually locked up giving very little to no time to pull over for safety. The engine then shuts down. I cannot imagine how dangerous it would have been if this had happened while driving 65mph plus on a freeway. I've had the steering wheel locked up on me before while the car was parked and engine off, and I was able to get it unlocked by moving the steering wheel back and forth. However, this was the first time and a scary one where the steering locked up while the vehicle was still moving. I was lucky we were at a residential area when this happened. If this had happened on a freeway where other cars are zooming by, how dangerous is it to have a vehicle to all of a sudden locks itself up and shuts down giving practically no time to pull over? I should mention though that the battery light did just come on about two and half to three hours before the incident happen. Even so, I don't think it's normal or safe for such a short warning period.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Sep 062013

Venza 6-cyl

My 2011 Toyota Venza with only 10,000 mileage had a electronic power steering failure as I exited I695 towards towson, Maryland. As I turned onto the exit I lost my ability to turn my steering wheel. Had this happened about 10 minutes earlier on the sharp curve from I95 to I695, I may have crashed. Fortunately I drove straight to safety to a parking lot. The Toyota dealership advised me the power steering ECU failed and needed to be replaced. The part was ordered and I will pick up my vehicle tonight, 9/13/13. Since my Venza was still under manufacturer warranty until September 2014, I was advised the car maker would cover cost. Hey also performed my 10,000 service. I was shocked this dangerous steering computer failure happened because I have maintained regular maintenance as dealership required, it is safely stored in my garage all work week days and I only drive it on the weekends, basically. I bought this vehicle brand new so I am the original owner too.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA