2012 Toyota Venza body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Venza:

2012 Toyota Venza Owner Comments

Dec 272013

This is not a complaint; just a question. I hope that you can point me in the right direction. I purchased this 2012 Toyota Venza from a dealer who claimed excellent safety ratings. But I see that the 2012 Venza passenger frontal crash rating is only 2 star. I returned to the dealer who told me that my car was made after the safety was improved (it is listed as 4 star for the 2013 model), but could not support his claim that my car was 4 star rather than 2 star. This is important to me as I carry my grandchildren and would not accept a 2 star rating. I called Toyota customer care to find out if this VIN was before or after the safety improvements were made and they could not answer the question, and would not refer me on to someone who could. Can you determine if this car has a 2 star or a 4 star frontal passenger side crash rating (or refer me to someone who could find out)? I would greatly appreciate this help - otherwise I will be forced to sell this car. My thanks in advance.

- Portland, OR, USA