2.3

2007 Toyota Yaris suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Yaris:

2007 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments

Sep 222016

Yaris

Broken bolt for control arm of suspension. Passenger side bolt head broken off, causing knocking during bumps/acceleration/breaking. Recommendation to replace bolt & control arm for suspension on both sides to mitigate issue. Research on this issue has shown that this is not uncommon for the Toyota Yaris control arm bolts. This is a serious hazard should the bolt break during use.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 152015

Yaris

Poor handling when I go over 90 km per hour.

- Multan, AZ, USA

Mar 202013

Yaris 4-cyl

During rolling bumper to bumper traffic, heard a loud pop from the front end. Afterwards the front end kept making a odd grind sound when I put on the brakes or went over a slight bump. Took some time to figure out that one of the bolts that holds the passenger side A-arm was gone, looks like the bolt head just sheared off so now all the weight that was carried by 3 bolts is being managed by 2. I had just got off the highway too, glad that did not pop at 65 mph.

- Plaistow, NH, USA

Jan 192012

Yaris 4-cyl

I am experiencing a clunking noise coming from the front of the vehicle. The noise is most often heard under acceleration or deceleration. The bolts that secure the control arms to the sub frame are corroding and breaking off, causing separation of the control arm from the sub frame and loss of control of the car.

- Massillon, OH, USA

Jan 182012

Yaris 4-cyl

I brought my 2007 Toyota Yaris into the dealership to get the brakes looked at as I was hearing a clunking noise going over uneven roads at slow speeds and I was feeling a sticking with the brakes. The dealership notified me that the brakes were fine but that a bolt in the front cross arm of the suspension had rusted and broken off. I was told that this was a design flaw in the 2007-2011 Yaris and that there was a technical service bulletin that advised on replacing the whole crossmember with a new design. The warranty only covered the car up to 3 years or 36000 miles but my car is 3.5 years and 53000 miles. The cost of the parts and repair was over $2500 and since it was a safety concern I was not allowed to drive the car without fixing it. The dealership contacted Toyota, who then agreed to pay for the parts. I was still responsible for paying the $848 in labor to repair something that Toyota had designed incorrectly. I had to pay the bill in order to get my car out but the dealership encouraged me to continue to contact Toyota directly as they agreed that this was an issue that Toyota should resolve. I contacted Toyota usa and was told that they "technically" didn't have to do anything since it's not a recall and that because they already paid for the parts, that was the same as me "agreeing" that they did not have to pay for the labor. Toyota should be responsible for fixing problems associated with a design flaw in a major structural element of the car. A bolt shouldn't rust in less than 4 yrs, especially when it's a safety concern. I think that with time, more Yaris owners will begin to experience this and it should be looked into further before someone is hurt or killed as a result of this failure. I have found numerous complaints online from other Yaris owners for this same thing and the apa in Canada is requesting Toyota Canada recall the problem (10/28/11).

- Woburn, MA, USA

Dec 102010

Yaris

This should be a safety recall. Underneath the 2007 Yaris there is bolts holding the control arm to the suspension. Simply put the bolt has rusted out after only three years. This is not normal. It appears that when water splashes up under the car and gets caught there is no way for the water to drain. It just sits on the bolt. If/when this rusts out the control arm could separate from he suspension and cause the automobile to lose control. It is an obvious design flaw. I urge you and Toyota to look into this and issue a recall immediately, as there is many other autos on the road with this same issue. It is a simple fix if caught up front. Unfortunately for folks like me, who already had this happen to. It will cost hundreds. Fortunately, nothing has happened to me me yet. But I cannot get someone to fix it until next week and I have to get to work. So I will cross my fingers that it doesn't get worse.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Aug 312009

Yaris

2007 Toyota Yaris has transmission problem. The consumer stated he had to allow the vehicle to warm up, before he could change gears properly. In the winter time, it was worse. There were times when the transmission gears would not engage at all. The vehicle also pulled to the right/left while driving. The vehicle also vibrated. The dealer could not find anything wrong with the vehicle.

- Beaumont, TX, USA